juliojones123

2+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Anyone know of free conferences for medical students in the specialty of family medicine, diet/exercise, GI microbiome ect more pertaining to family medicine topics? GREATLY APPRECIATED

TableMD

2+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Talk to your family med interest group and/or program and they should have a sense of med student scholarships for conferences as well as stipends or situations where they will pay for you to go. My med school was fairly generous with things like that.

About the Ads

teacherman84

10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2008
FL
Status
Attending Physician
Anyone know of free conferences for medical students in the specialty of family medicine, diet/exercise, GI microbiome ect more pertaining to family medicine topics? GREATLY APPRECIATED
I became a medical student board member for my state chapter of AAFP (elected position but there were 6 of us) and went to the state meeting for free every year plus the board meetings every quarter (free stay in sweet hotels) and they sent me to national aafp student and resident conference one year.
I knew many people who went to the national aafp conference every year, there are usually scholarships if you apply.

kubyx

2+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2016
IFM - Institute for Functional Medicine. Sometimes you have to listen to some nonsense from an ND, but there is a lot of good information on how to treat many chronic conditions stemming from GI/microbiome issues, nutrition, etc.

Blue Dog

Fides et ratio.
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
IFM - Institute for Functional Medicine. Sometimes you have to listen to some nonsense from an ND, but there is a lot of good information on how to treat many chronic conditions stemming from GI/microbiome issues, nutrition, etc.

About the Ads