Family medicine/student medical conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juliojones123

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of free conferences for medical students in the specialty of family medicine, diet/exercise, GI microbiome ect more pertaining to family medicine topics? GREATLY APPRECIATED

Members don't see this ad.

Most conferences aren't free, but I would start with your local Academy of Family Physicians chapter.

Reactions: 1 user
Talk to your family med interest group and/or program and they should have a sense of med student scholarships for conferences as well as stipends or situations where they will pay for you to go. My med school was fairly generous with things like that.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know of free conferences for medical students in the specialty of family medicine, diet/exercise, GI microbiome ect more pertaining to family medicine topics? GREATLY APPRECIATED
I became a medical student board member for my state chapter of AAFP (elected position but there were 6 of us) and went to the state meeting for free every year plus the board meetings every quarter (free stay in sweet hotels) and they sent me to national aafp student and resident conference one year.
I knew many people who went to the national aafp conference every year, there are usually scholarships if you apply.

IFM - Institute for Functional Medicine. Sometimes you have to listen to some nonsense from an ND, but there is a lot of good information on how to treat many chronic conditions stemming from GI/microbiome issues, nutrition, etc.

IFM - Institute for Functional Medicine. Sometimes you have to listen to some nonsense from an ND, but there is a lot of good information on how to treat many chronic conditions stemming from GI/microbiome issues, nutrition, etc.

alternative-alternative-medicine_o_3867181.jpg