family practice programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunflower

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the right family practice program for me. What I'm looking for:
1. strong in peds and sports med, minimal OB (I don't want to do it when I get out so the minimum I need to get licensed)
2. plenty of outpatient time
3. top notch residents who are happy- it would bug me if my colleagues weren't really on top of things
4. great faculty
5. friendly people
6. prefer location in midwest- Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Kentucky, West Virginia, but I'm open to other places too

Thanks a bunch!

Sunflower

Members don't see this ad.

Try here...

http://www.washingtonhospital.org/

It's in Washington, Pennsylvania, about 35 minutes South of Pittsburgh. It is a strong program... with a great incentive package!!! They provide housing and maintenance. You pay for your long-distance phone, cable, and Internet. They pay for the rest of the utilities. They only want serious applicants willing to work hard... You get your hands in a lot because they are the only residents (8) here at the hospital.

Ok, you can let me know if you need other information. My husband is Chief Resident there and can answer most questions or can direct you to someone who can answer your questions.

Sincerely,
Christy