• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

hippiedoc13

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Sorry for one of these "what's your experience" posts but I already searched SDN and didn't find any threads addressing my particular question.

I am considering applying to combined Family/Psych programs for 2008-09. I've done my basic homework on them, but would like to hear from anyone who has personal experience with the quality of training at these combined programs:

UC San Diego
UC Davis
University of Cincinnati
University of Oklahoma-Tulsa
University of Iowa
University of Pittsburgh
West Virginia University

I am looking for solid training in both Family Med and Psych--so my ideal program would have excellent teaching in both disciplines in addition to the combined program philosophy and people being a good fit for me personally. I'm doing my homework now so I can figure out where to schedule away rotations 4th year.

Thanks for your help.

Heal&Teach

cogito ergo sum
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2003
adsum
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey hippiedoc!

Did you end up combined? If so - shoot me a PM! I'm trying to get a contact list together of combined residents. :)

Sincerely,
H&T

grizzlefizzle

10+ Year Member
May 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi hippiedoc13!
I am in the same dillemia you were in. I am interested in a good FM/Psych program. Any suggestions? Also how competitive are these programs?

Thanks a lot
grizzle
:eek:
Sorry for one of these "what's your experience" posts but I already searched SDN and didn't find any threads addressing my particular question.

I am considering applying to combined Family/Psych programs for 2008-09. I've done my basic homework on them, but would like to hear from anyone who has personal experience with the quality of training at these combined programs:

UC San Diego
UC Davis
University of Cincinnati
University of Oklahoma-Tulsa
University of Iowa
University of Pittsburgh
West Virginia University

I am looking for solid training in both Family Med and Psych--so my ideal program would have excellent teaching in both disciplines in addition to the combined program philosophy and people being a good fit for me personally. I'm doing my homework now so I can figure out where to schedule away rotations 4th year.

Thanks for your help.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.