Family/Psych combined residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hippiedoc13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for one of these "what's your experience" posts but I already searched SDN and didn't find any threads addressing my particular question.

I am considering applying to combined Family/Psych programs for 2008-09. I've done my basic homework on them, but would like to hear from anyone who has personal experience with the quality of training at these combined programs:

UC San Diego
UC Davis
University of Cincinnati
University of Oklahoma-Tulsa
University of Iowa
University of Pittsburgh
West Virginia University

I am looking for solid training in both Family Med and Psych--so my ideal program would have excellent teaching in both disciplines in addition to the combined program philosophy and people being a good fit for me personally. I'm doing my homework now so I can figure out where to schedule away rotations 4th year.

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey hippiedoc!

Did you end up combined? If so - shoot me a PM! I'm trying to get a contact list together of combined residents. :)

Sincerely,
H&T

Hi hippiedoc13!
I am in the same dillemia you were in. I am interested in a good FM/Psych program. Any suggestions? Also how competitive are these programs?

Thanks a lot
grizzle
:eek:
Sorry for one of these "what's your experience" posts but I already searched SDN and didn't find any threads addressing my particular question.

I am considering applying to combined Family/Psych programs for 2008-09. I've done my basic homework on them, but would like to hear from anyone who has personal experience with the quality of training at these combined programs:

UC San Diego
UC Davis
University of Cincinnati
University of Oklahoma-Tulsa
University of Iowa
University of Pittsburgh
West Virginia University

I am looking for solid training in both Family Med and Psych--so my ideal program would have excellent teaching in both disciplines in addition to the combined program philosophy and people being a good fit for me personally. I'm doing my homework now so I can figure out where to schedule away rotations 4th year.

Thanks for your help.