Family Wedding 4 Days before the MCAT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is a REALLY stupid question, I just don't want any outside factors to hinder my performance. I hear a lot of people saying that a few days before you should just chill and not think about anything MCAT related so is it possible this wedding will be a good thing? I also plan to drink (1st wedding I'll be 21 at... not that it's stopped me before) but not too much that I'm sick the next day (hopefully, I always say that :laugh:).

I'm kind of just venting and want to know any opinions about this, like if I should be boring and conservative in preparation or just be my normal self and drink and have fun.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Moderation is key.

Don't drink to the point where you have a pounding headache and you feel like crap for a day or two. Drink, enjoy, and have fun, but be responsible. If you've been studying hardcore for weeks before, relax a bit and make sure you recover and not get burned out for test day. Don't totally forget the MCAT though. Do something to keep your mind focused (a verbal test? Going over flashcards, quicksheets), or if you're up for it, a practice MCAT 2 days before the actual thing.

According to KAPLAN...

1 week before test day:
-wake up the same time as you will on test day
-visit the test site
-sleep well and sleep at proper times

Week OF test day:
-Focus on your strengths
-Eat well and don't burn yourself out
-Sleep/Wake up proper times
-Practice tests

Day before test day:
-DON'T talk about the MCAT
-Plan your day
-Think of enjoyable things to do after the exam
-Carbo-load
-Gather test materials

Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
its wedding man....get your mind off of the MCAT!!! go get ****faced and sleep with one of the bridesmaids, granted shes a hottie!!:laugh:

Moderation is key.

Day before test day:
-DON'T talk about the MCAT
-Plan your day
-Think of enjoyable things to do after the exam
-Carbo-load
-Gather test materials

Hope that helps!

Carbo load?...lol. Glycogen supercompensation won't occur unless you've already unloaded nearly all your glycogen storages to begin with. You'll just get a nice insulin spike if anything. Eat a normal diet and go for at least 250g-350g complex carbs assuming your normal intake is about 250g.

I know this is a REALLY stupid question, I just don't want any outside factors to hinder my performance. I hear a lot of people saying that a few days before you should just chill and not think about anything MCAT related so is it possible this wedding will be a good thing? I also plan to drink (1st wedding I'll be 21 at... not that it's stopped me before) but not too much that I'm sick the next day (hopefully, I always say that :laugh:).

I'm kind of just venting and want to know any opinions about this, like if I should be boring and conservative in preparation or just be my normal self and drink and have fun.

Thanks

Personally I wouldn't go, but most people probably would. I'd personally like to have 0 distractions

Carbo load?...lol. Glycogen supercompensation won't occur unless you've already unloaded nearly all your glycogen storages to begin with. You'll just get a nice insulin spike if anything. Eat a normal diet and go for at least 250g-350g complex carbs assuming your normal intake is about 250g.

I will take your word for it, pre-med bodybuilder.:laugh:

Sounds good, thanks everyone.

It makes me nervous to go as I bet I'll be freaking out that week but I plan to study a lot until May 28th. I started at the end of Fall Semester so hopefully I'll be comfortable by then.

your family member will only get married once (or so you hope...)
but you can take the mcat as many times as you want

don't miss out on the wedding

your family member will only get married once (or so you hope...)
but you can take the mcat as many times as you want

don't miss out on the wedding

It's my girlfriend's cousin, but I was planning on going regardless.

I just wanted to hear if this was a dumb move or not.