FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you live in Tallahassee ?

Members don't see this ad.

My husband just called and said that my letter was sitting on our dining room table. Ha Ha I wouldn't let him open it :)

has anyone been to this school before?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got home and opened my letter...I got an interview!! I am beside myself with excitement especially since this was my second time applying!! Good luck to everyone!!:)

Just got home and opened my letter...I got an interview!! I am beside myself with excitement especially since this was my second time applying!! Good luck to everyone!!:)

Congratulations!!!!!! When are the interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got interview invitation from FAMU, yaay. i am so happy now. :D.

Congrats to everyone!!! I opened my mailbox and was shocked to find mine.

So what day is everyone doing their interview? Also you all need to call and schedule a day ASAP before all the good days get taken.

Common Interview Questions

1. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
2. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
3. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
How will you deal with these?
5. What pharmacy experience have you had?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
8. What appeals to you about our pharmacy program and curriculum?
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted
at this time?

Common Interview Questions

1. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
2. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
3. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
How will you deal with these?
5. What pharmacy experience have you had?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
8. What appeals to you about our pharmacy program and curriculum?
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted
at this time?

Reactions: 1 user
Originally Posted by ziggypharmd2016
When are you guys doing your interview?

My interview is on the 4th. Good luck everyone.

If all of you who have earlier interviews could post up any info that helps i am sure everyone would appreciate, i won't be able to go to mine until one of the later dates

Oh yes you do and i live in Tally. Just make sure you are not late for your interview and if you have any questions feel free to contact me

Do they look for BA or BS degree? what is the cumulative GPA they look for? also, is there any written portion during the interview?

Hopefully after a few people go to the interviews they will post the what the interview process entails, group interview, essay, time frame, etc...

Do they look for BA or BS degree? what is the cumulative GPA they look for? also, is there any written portion during the interview?

1. Do you need a B.S. Degree before applying to the PharmD Program?No. The PharmD Program admission is either after completion of 2 years of pre-pharmacy pre-requisites or with a Associate of Arts Degree(AA) or with Bachlor Degree and completion of all pre-requisites
    1. What was the average admission GPA for the students entering the PharmD Program?
      Last year's average G.P.A. was 3.47

Last edited:
Hopefully after a few people go to the interviews they will post the what the interview process entails, group interview, essay, time frame, etc...

I visited there a few weeks ago.
Group interview: yes. Maybe up to 3 people, but no more than 5.

Essay: No essay.

Time frame: 15-20 mins.

No bs degree is not an advantage or disadvantage and they are not just looking for gpa alone its the whole package cos my gpa is a 3.8 n i got an interview, my friend's gpa is 3.3 and she got an interview and my other friend's gpa is 3.6 and she didn't get an interview, but i know for a fact that they look at if u volunteer and stuff like that based on your personal statement and no there is no written portion of the interview, just 4-6 people interviewing you all in one room and its a pretty intimidating environment so CONFIDENCE is key and btw did you get an interview letter?

I had my interview today and there were a total of 4 people interviewing me. Each person asked a set of questions (2-3). I heard many horrible stories. Including people saying they ran out of the interview room in tears. I don't know if I caught them on a good day, but my overall experience was great! The interview lasted 15-20 mins. After the interview, I met with several of the pharmacy students and toured the school. Please review the questions ziggypharmd2016 posted. My questions were almost word for word.

Good luck

I had my interview today and there were a total of 4 people interviewing me. Each person asked a set of questions (2-3). I heard many horrible stories. Including people saying they ran out of the interview room in tears. I don't know if I caught them on a good day, but my overall experience was great! The interview lasted 15-20 mins. After the interview, I met with several of the pharmacy students and toured the school. Please review the questions ziggypharmd2016 posted. My questions were almost word for word.

Good luck

Yayyyyy am glad to hear that you had a great experience and i have my interview on Monday and i pray they are in the good mood when i get there.

I have scheduled an interview for the FAMU College of Pharmacy. Do you know if the admission office will send a confirmation letter for the interview that gives you basic information about the interview? If not, can anyone tell me where should I report to first on the interview day? What do I need to bring with me (any paper work)? Interview Day Agendas (how long the interview takes)?