FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep. LOL you really feel like you are in the hot seat. I was able to break that 100% "seriousness" though. I made them laugh at least 4 or 5 times :smuggrin:.
How many people interviewed you...
I would like to know what u told them because they were too serious. LoL

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup: Thank you for the info. I was wondering when we might get it.

Yeah this is the final week for interviews so I wish everyone the best of luck and then we will all be on the waiting boat to see who & who get in...however anyone get accepted into other schools of choice please inform the admission office early about your decision...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah this is the final week for interviews so I wish everyone the best of luck and then we will all be on the waiting boat to see who & who get in...however anyone get accepted into other schools of choice please inform the admission office early about your decision...
I completely agree with you that will give someone else a chance to get in.

I would like to know what u told them because they were too serious. LoL

How did you make them laugh lol they were dead serious!!

LOL it may have helped that I went on the first day. They made some mistakes during the interview and admitted to it and we laugh about them. I told some stories that related to their questions and they laugh at some of them. For example, I told them how I had to explain something difficult to my 5 year old nephew. I was watching the history of drugs on the history channel, when my nephew asked me was alcohol a drug. I then explained to him how alcohol is considered the drug of choice and blah blah blah. He then says to me, "well can you tell my mom, because every time I hurt myself she always put alcohol on me."

I don't know if it was because my nephew confused rubbing alcohol with drinking alcohol, which even I found funny. Or was it the way I imitated my nephew. Or maybe it was both. They laugh really hard though.

Better than me i only got about 3-4 laughs, I had 2 interview me.

after they tell you the interview has concluded and you get to ask questions it's like switch goes off and they are way more friendly.

I totally forgot to ask how long it would be until we heard back, did you get that?

LOL yes! At the end, I really felt like we were buddies. Everybody were all smiles. One of the interviewers did research with some of my professors at my school. She asked me how they were.
Some of my friends who are in the pharmacy program now warned me to watch out for "that guy." "That guy" refers to any man who would be in the interview room. I was told that any man that was in there would try to intimidate me. Turns out "that guy" wasn't all that bad." He cracked a few jokes in the end himself...

I just hope they remember me in a good way when they are making their decisions...

All I can say is FINALLY!!! I interviewed March 29th, so I been sitting in this waiting boat for a really long time (not really, but that's how it feels). I hope we all get in :xf:

LOL yes! At the end, I really felt like we were buddies. Everybody were all smiles. One of the interviewers did research with some of my professors at my school. She asked me how they were.
Some of my friends who are in the pharmacy program now warned me to watch out for "that guy." "That guy" refers to any man who would be in the interview room. I was told that any man that was in there would try to intimidate me. Turns out "that guy" wasn't all that bad." He cracked a few jokes in the end himself...

I guess i had "that" guy. LOL, he wasnt that bad as long as you were confident and knew what you were saying, i got quizzed a little on some of my answers but i felt i could back them up.

They were a bit serious in my interview and I noticed that they looked and observed my gestures alot. I did my best and sounded confident with all my responses. I think we broke the ice when I asked if they could rephrase a question. I think I showed alot of confidence by ding so. After that they seemed to be more down to earth. I really dont know what to expect, but Im hoping for the best. I wonder how many different people from different ethnicities applied? Does it help to be a minority?

They were a bit serious in my interview and I noticed that they looked and observed my gestures alot. I did my best and sounded confident with all my responses. I think we broke the ice when I asked if they could rephrase a question. I think I showed alot of confidence by ding so. After that they seemed to be more down to earth. I really dont know what to expect, but Im hoping for the best. I wonder how many different people from different ethnicities applied? Does it help to be a minority?

I am a minority. btw, how tought r they? you guys sound really scary, NSU and LECOM interview was very awesome for me, but famu seems tough, i have mine this upcoming wednesday, any tips? i am scared, very scared? dont they ask, why pharmacy? why famu? why we accept u? wht else do they ask? plz help

I am a minority. btw, how tought r they? you guys sound really scary, NSU and LECOM interview was very awesome for me, but famu seems tough, i have mine this upcoming wednesday, any tips? i am scared, very scared? dont they ask, why pharmacy? why famu? why we accept u? wht else do they ask? plz help

Know the questions that you stated, the rest stated by ziggy earlier in this thread (maybe on page 2), and your personal statement. It's ok to be scared, but try to leave your emotions in the waiting room, and be confident. I think your level of confidence will be based on how well you prepare. Most of us were probably scared in the beginning because we didn't know what to expect (after hearing stories about FAMU's interview).

FAMU was the only school I interviewed at. You had two other interviews, so in a sense you will be walking in with a bit more experience than me. With that said, I am confident that when you walk in you will do fine. Just relax and be yourself...

Good luck

I guess i had "that" guy. LOL, he wasnt that bad as long as you were confident and knew what you were saying, i got quizzed a little on some of my answers but i felt i could back them up.

LOL he didn't give me a hard time at all. I was grilled by the last interviewer though.

I wonder how many different people from different ethnicities applied? Does it help to be a minority?

When I interviewed there was a mix of different ethnicities waiting to interview or leaving their interview.

You have already had two interviews like me so you should "know" the basic questions, just be confident in yourself. They are a little tougher than "normal" imo though.

When I interviewed there was a mix of different ethnicities waiting to interview or leaving their interview.

You have already had two interviews like me so you should "know" the basic questions, just be confident in yourself. They are a little tougher than "normal" imo though.

I had my interview for others, they r more of just basic questions, why pharmacy, tell me abt urself, why this school, any work experience, any leadership skills, why gpa high and pcat low, etc.. but the question ziggy posted look harder, well not harder but different. i am hoping for the best, my interview is tmrw at 2 pm. can anyone tell me how long it takes? for the whole interview/tour, etc..

Members don't see this ad :)
Know the questions that you stated, the rest stated by ziggy earlier in this thread (maybe on page 2), and your personal statement. It's ok to be scared, but try to leave your emotions in the waiting room, and be confident. I think your level of confidence will be based on how well you prepare. Most of us were probably scared in the beginning because we didn't know what to expect (after hearing stories about FAMU's interview).

FAMU was the only school I interviewed at. You had two other interviews, so in a sense you will be walking in with a bit more experience than me. With that said, I am confident that when you walk in you will do fine. Just relax and be yourself...

Good luck

Famu interview is really scaring me. I dont know what will happen, but everyone plz hope for the best. although i had 2 other interview but both of them alternate list, so i hope i get in to FAMU, thats my last hope. I will try to do my best.

Can somebody tell me the exact address of FAMU pharmacy. I have my interview at FAMU tmrw and don't know the exact address to put on the GPS. plz help

Can somebody tell me the exact address of FAMU pharmacy. I have my interview at FAMU tmrw and don't know the exact address to put on the GPS. plz help

College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
1415 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Tallahassee, Florida 32307

Dont be scared of the interview cos the interviewers dont bite. They only see what you tell, show and portray to them because you need to stand out, basically its you over someone else. Just like American Idol :) basically there is always a (Simon, Paula), Randy, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez. Everyone cant be nice just the same way everyone cant be mean. If it helps make sure you have breakfast or lunch before going for your interview :D Stay positive and GOODLUCK!!!!!

Ahem. So how was your interview?

Ahem. So how was your interview?

One of the worst interview i have ever taken so far. The worst. i got confused, and they put me on so much pressure, they ask me one thing 2-3 times, wht the hell, r they slow? they ask me for the exact day or month i started working or volunteering. wht the hell, its in there, i told them the year but no, they want the month. how pathetic, I know i will get a rejected letter for sure, well, my hope is for LECOM and NSU.

One of the worst interview i have ever taken so far. The worst. i got confused, and they put me on so much pressure, they ask me one thing 2-3 times, wht the hell, r they slow? they ask me for the exact day or month i started working or volunteering. wht the hell, its in there, i told them the year but no, they want the month. how pathetic, I know i will get a rejected letter for sure, well, my hope is for LECOM and NSU.

I have to say, with the specific information you have posted on these boards... it is very easy to verify who you are if anyone close/knows you/admissions that are checking these threads. But then again, you probably don't care so don't mind me :)

I have to say, with the specific information you have posted on these boards... it is very easy to verify who you are if anyone close/knows you/admissions that are checking these threads. But then again, you probably don't care so don't mind me :)

Nope, I don't care, if they want to reject me based on that, i would love to. i did not enjoy the community, not the interviewer, they were bit rude and just because i am a minority, they r asking be bunch of questions in a different way, so even if i get in to the school, i will donate that seat to competitve student i beleive, the feeling i had for LECOM or NSU, i did not find that at FAMU. it was really boring. again, its my opinion, so dont mind me friends.

Wow. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It seems like they gotten tougher since my interview or maybe we had different interviewers. Also, I heard many people say their interview was bad, but still got accepted (you can check the 2015 thread for examples). So don't sell yourself short just yet...

Nope, I don't care, if they want to reject me based on that, i would love to. i did not enjoy the community, not the interviewer, they were bit rude and just because i am a minority, they r asking be bunch of questions in a different way, so even if i get in to the school, i will donate that seat to competitve student i beleive, the feeling i had for LECOM or NSU, i did not find that at FAMU. it was really boring. again, its my opinion, so dont mind me friends.

I believe that a person should make their final decision if they should attend a pharmacy school based off of their experience while there, since you will be spending 3 or 4 years there. So if you did not like FAMU, and get accepted I think it is honorable that you will give your seat up. Good luck with LECOM and NSU. I pray that you hear something good from both of those schools.

"they were bit rude and just because i am a minority, they r asking be bunch of questions in a different way, so even if i get in to the school"

I felt like that as well, but I just showed as much confidence as I could. I even asked then to rephrase the question one time. I think that if you have a strong character you should be able to pull through. They most likely were just testing you levels of patience and to see if you responded in a different way. Im a minority as well, but I dont think it is because of that. Then again who knows

"they were bit rude and just because i am a minority, they r asking be bunch of questions in a different way, so even if i get in to the school"

I felt like that as well, but I just showed as much confidence as I could. I even asked then to rephrase the question one time. I think that if you have a strong character you should be able to pull through. They most likely were just testing you levels of patience and to see if you responded in a different way. Im a minority as well, but I dont think it is because of that. Then again who knows

I did show my confedence too, but in one of the question, they asked me where and which month you started working, i gave them the approximate month, time and year, but they said what month, i didnt know, i told them approximately this month, but they nod their head and said no. then they ask me questions in different way, i also told them to rephrase also, and they did, i answered it with confidence, but i dont know what will happen at the end. i hope you and all the friends above me gets in this year. good luck.

Sorry, your inteview was that bad! we all knew it was going to be tough. They dont do it like the other schools do.

I am sorry to hear that, and mine wasn't perfect either. Good luck on LECOM and NSU.

Friday the 20th is the last day for interview, please post something if you get a letter so we all know that ours are on the way. Especially, the mailman usually put my mail in someone's else box LOL. Thanks

Hmmm. The best advice I can give to the 2017 class is to GO ON THE FIRST DAY!!!

Friday the 20th is the last day for interview, please post something if you get a letter so we all know that ours are on the way. Especially, the mailman usually put my mail in someone's else box LOL. Thanks

Lol! I hope that doesn't happen to me. The people in Tallahassee will get there's first. I'm in Georgia so mine will come a day or two later.

Did anyone else interview on Friday the 6th? I had 2 interviewers, a man and a women, and now I am at a loss for their names. If anyone else went that day and remembers their names I would appreciate it. Thanks

I am very sorry to hear about your interview process but normally FAMU interviews are more challenging than other schools, however just remember that the purpose of interview is to get to know you in person and also to test your level of professionalism but I heard about people who did really bad at their interviews & still got accepted so just keep your fingers crossed & best of luck with the other schools as well....

Lol! I hope that doesn't happen to me. The people in Tallahassee will get there's first. I'm in Georgia so mine will come a day or two later.

The last day for interviews was today so now we just have to wait until the 1st week or 2nd week in May to find out if we are accepted or not, I am just hoping that we can all get in & start working on our biggest dreams & aspiration & if we get in we can take on the challenging courses & in the end be successful...

Did anyone else interview on Friday the 6th? I had 2 interviewers, a man and a women, and now I am at a loss for their names. If anyone else went that day and remembers their names I would appreciate it. Thanks

The ladies name is Ms. Gloria james...... i dont remember the guys name

No one got acceptance letter yet

I was warned not to live on campus, because there is a high chance you will end up rooming with undergrads. After thinking about it, I decided since I don't know Tallahassee, and since my money will be coming from loans it may be better for me to live on campus for the first year.

What about you?

I was warned not to live on campus, because there is a high chance you will end up rooming with undergrads. After thinking about it, I decided since I don't know Tallahassee, and since my money will be coming from loans it may be better for me to live on campus for the first year.

What about you?

Oh ok and yea living on campus is def too many undergrad n am def staying off campus.....

Off campus housing ranges between 400-600 monthly depending on the neighborhood, amenities and if its a 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 4/4 or 4/2 so it depends. The place i stay right now i pay $460 a month excluding utilities.

well hopefully, we all start to hear something next week.

Off campus housing ranges between 400-600 monthly depending on the neighborhood, amenities and if its a 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 4/4 or 4/2 so it depends. The place i stay right now i pay $460 a month excluding utilities.

Thank u, Ziggy