FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No. I'm from Ga. I was wondering since pharmdoc2016
said he knew some one that got accepted and prepharm20 reported they were accepted.

The girl that I knew that received an acceptance letter to Crestview lives In Chipley, FL which is about an hour from Tallahassee.

Members don't see this ad.

So no one else from Tallahassee received a letter? If so,can we assume that all of the letters weren't mailed out on Friday? I wonder if it was a cut off and maybe the people who went early letters were sent off Friday. This could explain why we have only heard about two acceptances so far. I hope that this is not the case and we all hear something between Monday and Thursday.

You may be right cos i live in Tally and i didn't get a letter, yet i know like 5 people who also live in Tally that got theirs so am just guessing hopefully by Monday-Tuesday......

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully more of us on this site gets accepted tomorrow. Good luck you guys :xf:

Congratulations to all those who received their acceptance letters so far and hoping from today to the end of the week more people will receive theirs as well, also just a friendly reminder for those who have been accepted to other schools of choice please inform FAMU College of Pharmacy as soon as possible about your decision...

I just got my letter. And... and.. and... I am in!
Good luck to the rest of you!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I received my acceptance letter for Crestview Fl. I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! I hope everyone of us got good news today! The deadline to return the acceptances is by 'May 18th. For those of you who have not received an acceptance yet...it's coming... Don't give up hope!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I received my acceptance letter for Crestview Fl. I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! I hope everyone of us got good news today! The deadline to return the acceptances is by 'May 18th. For those of you who have not received an acceptance yet...it's coming... Don't give up hope!

It's killing me i wont be able to check my mail for about another 3 hours today and if you got yours way down there surely i should have received something.:scared:

Congrats to everyone. :thumbup:

Congrats!!!

Congratulations to everyone that got letters already , and to those who still haven't gotten anything like myself, just be patient and have faith. S.N: I called the office today and they said they only mailed out acceptance letter last Friday , and that rejection and wait-listed letters have not been mailed out yet. Just saying. Goodluck everyone

Congratulations to everyone that got letters already , and to those who still haven't gotten anything like myself, just be patient and have faith. S.N: I called the office today and they said they only mailed out acceptance letter last Friday , and that rejection and wait-listed letters have not been mailed out yet. Just saying. Goodluck everyone
So that's mean if we don't get a letter this week, we either rejected or on the waiting list. :eek:

I spoke with 3 of my friends who got accepted. They faxed their contracts declining their seats today. So if others follow that same trend,hopefully others who are wait listed get in. I wish you guys luck.

I just got home and received my acceptance letter for Crestview and I live in the middle of the state. Goodluck to all who have not received theirs yet. :love:

I spoke with 3 of my friends who got accepted. They faxed their contracts declining their seats today. So if others follow that same trend,hopefully others who are wait listed get in. I wish you guys luck.

They have good heart.
Congrats to u

I got mine today, accepted to the Crestview location.

Speaking of which has any one heard that they are opening that satellitelocation guaranteed? There was something about Rick Scott vetoing a 1.5milliondollar allocation they were supposed to get.

I got my acceptance letter today! Tallahassee campus :D Also, I live in Tampa, FL

Congratulations!!!

I got mine today, accepted to the Crestview location.

Speaking of which has any one heard that they are opening that satellitelocation guaranteed? There was something about Rick Scott vetoing a 1.5milliondollar allocation they were supposed to get.
Congratulations!!!

Thinking and praying for everyone who is waiting for a response!

Hey im new on this website but i have been accepted into crestview....and super excited about it...now im looking into the city of crestview and the living situation. It looks like it may be expensive and idk if the apartment situation going to be set up for college students..meaning renting out a room instead of the apartment as a whole... Also wanted to ask before contacting Gloria James if the three day orientation is going to be held in talle or crestview. Im looking forward to meeting the other 29 students. Its CRAZY that there will only be 30 pharmacy students in that entire building in crestview...honestly its a honor to hopefully be the first class to graduate. :)

BTW Congrats to everyone Acceptance in the program.. Yayy!!

Last edited:
If you need info on crestview just shoot me a message I currently live about 30 minutes from there and should be able to tell you what it's like, rent, things to do etc.

If you need info on crestview just shoot me a message I currently live about 30 minutes from there and should be able to tell you what it's like, rent, things to do etc.
Hey if you could tell me anything that would be great. I currently live around tampa and I am used to being in the middle of everything, so it is going to be quite the change.I was surprised to see I was Crestview, I wonder how they decided which of us went there? I guess they liked our answers on distance learning:confused:

Hey if you could tell me anything that would be great. I currently live around tampa and I am used to being in the middle of everything, so it is going to be quite the change.I was surprised to see I was Crestview, I wonder how they decided which of us went there? I guess they liked our answers on distance learning:confused:

Or maybe the people they asked about distance learning got accepted there. I didn't get a distance learning question. Hmmm. Then again I selected I wanted to attend the main campus, so maybe they asked that question to people who selected crestview or no preference.

Last edited:

I assume they picked people from the quiz at the end of the interview, however I pretty much requested the location as I live nearby anyhow.

it's not gona be anything like Tampa, Crestview is a tiny little town in the northern end of the county not much going on there. The big thing in the area are the beaches that are on the southern end of the county it’s a real popular tourist area.

if you want to see what it’s like Google, Destin, FL that's where I live, or fort walton beach. they would both be about a 30-40 minute drive to Crestview,

housing in Crestview is relatively cheap imo, a 2bd will run $800 or less a month. to get a feel for the pricing loop up Okaloosa county on craigslist.

But do they have college housing? Because no offense but one contract housing doesnt sound legit to me. Ive gone away to college before and know a little bit about housing off campus and that was always a option but now that this isnt a college town i just dont think that they are going to offer that type of housing. honestly these are the small things to worry about.."i got into pharmacy school yayyyy"... but im just trying to figure out the living situation...any information would be great. thanks

But do they have college housing? Because no offense but one contract housing doesnt sound legit to me. Ive gone away to college before and know a little bit about housing off campus and that was always a option but now that this isnt a college town i just dont think that they are going to offer that type of housing. honestly these are the small things to worry about.."i got into pharmacy school yayyyy"... but im just trying to figure out the living situation...any information would be great. thanks

Has anyone recieved a letter today?

They mailed out acceptance letters, waited list or rejected?

Ok when i called yesterday the lady told me they were done sending acceptance letters, and they were going to send out rejection and wait-list letters today so idk about that