FAMU College of Pharmacy 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the people on the waiting list, I called student services this morning. I asked if she could tell me what I number I was on the waiting list and how many people total on the waiting list. She told me that she did not have that information, and we would recieve a call or letter if anything changes. If anyone is able to get anymore information please post on here. Also, if you know someone that got accepted and is not planning on attending famu please tell them to deny their acceptance as soon as possible. The people on the waiting list are thankful of those who turn down their seat!

Members don't see this ad.

So we have to send our transcripts again? I thought it was only if you had not completed the requirements. Let me know thank you

WOW .. I am starting to get really discourage, I still haven't heard anything back from FAMU and still no mail today :eek: Is anyone else still waiting to here back?

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW .. I am starting to get really discourage, I still haven't heard anything back from FAMU and still no mail today :eek: Is anyone else still waiting to here back?

*raises hand* And I am so feeling what you are feeling right now. We just gotta wait...:scared:

By any chance did you put "No Preference" or did you pick a campus?

*raises hand* And I am so feeling what you are feeling right now. We just gotta wait...:scared:

By any chance did you put "No Preference" or did you pick a campus?

I too selected "No Preference". MidMorningSol I really hope we get some awesome news by tomorrow since we waited this long.

Huh, I guess it backfired on us then didn't it? I thought we would know just as soon as everyone else put their selection. IDK, yes, I hope so too. My heart/stomach can't take the anticipation. :/

I haven't checked my mail as of today but I would guess it didn't come in. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Since we got the "Friday batch" or as I'd like to refer to it as the "Make ya sweat" batch. LOL

Called today they said we don't have numbers for the wait list just picking people

Good Luck to Everyone, I got accepted into the Crestview Campus, Can't wait to see you all at orientation. Good Luck:) Does anyone going to Crestview know where they are living I am from Texas, and am not coming till Orientation time, and suggestions?

I have officially been accepted to the crestview campus and I am from Alabama :)) good luck to the rest of you guys!

Congrats, I was accepted at Crestview as well, Do you know where you are staying?

you do not do your community service in a pharmacy, its anything like teachers aid, health fairs, etc.

if anyone accepted to crestview, wants cheap used books next year let me know, I need to get rid of mine.

Good luck to everyone.

I do, Are you attending there now?

I got two letters of acceptance. Did this happen to anyone else? I mean it's fine because they both said acceptance to Crestview campus, but it's just strange. My first letter looked like it had been through the ringer!

I also received 2 acceptance letter to Crestview

I have not had any luck looking for a place yet. It is all pretty pricey but I will let you know if I find anything. This is just the beginning of this long search for a decent priced but nice place to live lol! Congrats on your acceptance.

I'm confused as to why I have to send them my transcripts again that shows I took foreign language in high school when I already sent them in with my admissions packet. I can obviously understand turning in my completion of prerequisties transcripts and my AA transcripts because they need to make sure I passed and completed them at the end of this semester. Can someone enlighten me?

We have to resend the transcripts? I read something similar, but I thought it was only for those who never submitted it. Please assist clarify. If anyone has resent their transcripts let us know. Thank you

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have not had any luck looking for a place yet. It is all pretty pricey but I will let you know if I find anything. This is just the beginning of this long search for a decent priced but nice place to live lol! Congrats on your acceptance.

You too. :)

Someone find out how many are waitlisted

For all of you that are waitlisted DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED! I'm a P1, and I was waitlisted last year. No you won't find out how many people are on the list or what number you are but your time will come. As people decline their spots (which they will) you will get your letter of acceptance. Pray and have faith, you will get in. Good Luck and Congrats to those who have been accepted. Get ready. It's hard work!

Last edited:
Ok, so I applied to Financial Aid, and I did not receive any. It said I am not elegible because I am obtaining a degree higher than a bachelors degree. So, does anyone know the average cost of the program, and did anyone else try to apply for financial aid?

Does anyone know how much out of state tution for all four years at FAMU is?

not sure but their website shows it, but I allow you to change your state of residence so that should help after the 1st year.

Thanks FuturePharm for the glimpse of hope! Also guys, I had accidentally left the preference field blank, and it came up in my interview. I told them verbally that I hadn't had a preference in location. To those looking for a place in tally, I used www.theapartmentseekers.com

Just curios, does anyone has a fb group for famu cops class of 2017?

Ok, so I applied to Financial Aid, and I did not receive any. It said I am not elegible because I am obtaining a degree higher than a bachelors degree. So, does anyone know the average cost of the program, and did anyone else try to apply for financial aid?

Let me ask you this... When you enter the pharmacy program, will you have your BA or BS degree?

I am a transfer student. This is how much I paid in the spring...

01/01/2013
Differential Fee
Spring Semester 2013

01/01/2013
I. D. Card
Spring Semester 2013

01/01/2013
Non-Florida Tuition-Undergradu
Spring Semester 2013

01/01/2013
Pharmacy Material & Supply Fee
- PHARMACEUTICS II LAB
Spring Semester 2013

01/01/2013
Trans & Access Fee
Spring Semester 2013

I believe the total was $10,065.06. This of course was for the spring semester. This doesn't include rent, and other basic needs...

So we have to send our transcripts again? I thought it was only if you had not completed the requirements. Let me know thank you

You have to send your FINAL transcript to undergrad admission and to the pharmacy department. If you do not they will put a hold on your account and your registration for class will be late. Which may cause you an extra $100 late fee....

Read my post where I posted how much I paid last semester. Make becoming a resident of Florida your primary goal. I paid ten thousand plus dollars per semester. People who are from Florida or become a resident here pay about $3,500 per semester. Your first two years you are considered an undergraduate. So once you become a p-3, those prices will double. Again, make becoming a resident here your priory.

Just curios, does anyone has a fb group for famu cops class of 2017?

Wait until mid June to decide on starting a fb group. Last year we transfers assumed there was no group and started our own. Once school started, we found out there was one. We ended having to drop one of the groups. In fact, there is a fb group, but it hasn't been converted into a p1 group yet. So just wait a little while longer...

Tomorrow is my last final, so keep the questions coming and I will help as much as I can...

Has anyone called to ask about the letters that have not been sent out? Are they still accepting students? Are regret letters out? I'm just curious :confused:

Tomorrow is my last final, so keep the questions coming and I will help as much as I can...

How many volunteer hours do you need to graduate? Is that hard to do on top of all of that school work? Are there opportunities to volunteer provided by FAMU?

I have asked about accreditation before, and was told the whole college except the pharmacy school are under review.

How many volunteer hours do you need to graduate? Is that hard to do on top of all of that school work? Are there opportunities to volunteer provided by FAMU?

200, and yes they provide a lot of opportunities, especially in Tally, not a whole lot in Crestview yet.

I have asked about accreditation before, and was told the whole college except the pharmacy school are under review.

Yes the school is under review following the band incident, they are on probation from SACS, the pharmacy school just had its review as far as being accredited and its fine, but the school has to have SACS accreditation as well.

I'm not worried. The school has overcome things like this before.

Regarding Accreditation, I was told by an Advisor that WORST CASE SCENARIO the college would not be able to bill financial aid; therefore everyone attending would have to pay out of pocket costs or private funded scholarships, etc. Those attending graduate programs will be completely unaffected.

Really appreciate you taking your time out to give us all this info. People like you make us want to be at FAMU even more

It's really no problem. I remember how I was last year around this time. I had so many questions and wished I personally knew someone who attended FAMU. That was I would know how to prepare a head of time... I digress.

Anyone get in from the wait list?

So, the orientation we go to on August 19-21 is it at your main campus, or does everyone go to Tallahassee for that? Also when will we get some letters again from the pharmacy department explaining things further to us??

So, the orientation we go to on August 19-21 is it at your main campus, or does everyone go to Tallahassee for that? Also when will we get some letters again from the pharmacy department explaining things further to us??

For orientation, report to the campus where you was chosen to go to. In order words, if you were accepted to the main campus that's where you go. Those who were accepted to the main campus will meet in the "Blue Cross Blue Shield" room. I'm not sure where the Crestview students will meet on their campus.

Orientation will be streamed so that Crestview will be able to view it live along with Tallahassee. If it's like last year, most of the speakers will be in Tallahassee.

I don't know when you will get another letter from the pharmacy department.

Ok! Thank you! Also, how will we know which classes to register for etc.? Will we receive a letter of some sort or is that covered in orientation?

Ok! Thank you! Also, how will we know which classes to register for etc.? Will we receive a letter of some sort or is that covered in orientation?

That will be taken care of at orientation. They will either take you to the third floor computer lab and allow you to register, or they will do it for you.

For orientation, report to the campus where you was chosen to go to. In order words, if you were accepted to the main campus that's where you go. Those who were accepted to the main campus will meet in the "Blue Cross Blue Shield" room. I'm not sure where the Crestview students will meet on their campus.

Orientation will be streamed so that Crestview will be able to view it live along with Tallahassee. If it's like last year, most of the speakers will be in Tallahassee.

I don't know when you will get another letter from the pharmacy department.

that's much nicer those of us in Crestview had to report to Tally last year.

that's much nicer those of us in Crestview had to report to Tally last year.

Chris you are exactly right. I don't know why I was picturing forum in my head. So everyone will be in Tallahassee for orientation. There should be a letter that comes out that will confirm this...

Myself as well on my way to okaloosa, fl. I'm from MIA. I received letter on the 23rd of last month. The letters were reprinted because of an error date at top stating 2011'... At least on mine.

Can't wait to meet you all. Enjoy what you can of your summer :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

So what exactly should we wear to orientation? Casual business??

So is it 8/19-21 or 8/20-22? Coz my letter has 2 different dates on it.
Do we have to register online and pay any fees?
Do we have to find our place to stay?