Famu Pharmacy (class of 2021)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck on everyone's interview. Please let us know how things go.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone I got an interview invitation 2 weeks ago and I'm super anxious!:clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How did your interview go?
It was not too bad. There were only two interviewers. When I first came in, I sat down at a computer for 45 minutes and took some kind of personality test and there's a 5 minute short essay. They asked relatively the same questions that were posted on last years class of 2020 for Famu. The interviewer kind of helped me out a little. I was nervous at first, but as it continued it wasn't bad. No more than 8-10 questions.

Thank you! The wait continues.
They told me they would start letting people know by next week. The longer you have to wait, means that you are probably on a waiting list. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I hear good news next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm just glad for it to be over, I did the best I could, all I can do is put it in God's hands at this point.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was not too bad. There were only two interviewers. When I first came in, I sat down at a computer for 45 minutes and took some kind of personality test and there's a 5 minute short essay. They asked relatively the same questions that were posted on last years class of 2020 for Famu. The interviewer kind of helped me out a little. I was nervous at first, but as it continued it wasn't bad. No more than 8-10 questions.
Thanks for the information! So you have to show up an hour before your scheduled interview? An essay, now I'm more anxious. What was the essay about? Were the interview questions similar to these:
1. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
2. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
3. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
How will you deal with these?
5. What pharmacy experience have you had?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
8. What appeals to you about our pharmacy program and curriculum?
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted

I don't think so, the last interview was in March. They also told me they would start letting people know by next week. The longer you have to wait, means that you are probably on a waiting list. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I hear good news next week.
You got this!

Also, there are interview dates in April!

Thanks for the information! So you have to show up an hour before your scheduled interview? An essay, now I'm more anxious. What was the essay about? Were the interview questions similar to these:
4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted
Did you get a tour around the school?

My interview is tomorrow. I've heard in previous threads that they don't always do tours, but sometimes they do offer them. Also, there were many people on those threads who didn't get offered tours, but still got in the school. From what I've read it seems like most of the people who get interviewed get in. Is your interview tomorrow?

My interview is tomorrow. I've heard in previous threads that they don't always do tours, but sometimes they do offer them. Also, there were many people on those threads who didn't get offered tours, but still got in the school. From what I've read it seems like most of the people who get interviewed get in. Is your interview tomorrow?
Yes my interview is tomorrow

My interview was a couple hours ago. The questions they asked were similar to the ones posted. If they wanted you to expound or clarify something they would ask. My interviewers smiled and joked with me. It's not as scary as last year's thread lead me to believe. I heard we should have word by mid April.

My interview was a couple hours ago. The questions they asked were similar to the ones posted. If they wanted you to expound or clarify something they would ask. My interviewers smiled and joked with me. It's not as scary as last year's thread lead me to believe. I heard we should have word by mid April.
I'm glad to hear that. That makes me less anxious? I heard there is an essay part, what is it about?

I'm glad to hear that. That makes me less anxious? I heard there is an essay part, what is it about?

The computer part you get at most 45 mins. But the essay itself was 5 minutes. If you've ever done a job application where they ask for an assessment on leadership and team work skills it was like that.

The interview was not that intense you guys. You all will do fine just prepare and be yourself smile and project your thoughts clearly. I hope we all get in

The interview was not that intense you guys. You all will do fine just prepare and be yourself smile and project your thoughts clearly. I hope we all get in
Thanks guys! I really hope we all get in as well!

But I didn't answer your question lol the essay varies mine was basically why pharmacy.
Oh okay, that's not too bad. It's been a long time since I have taken one of those tests, but all you have to do is be yourself and that's easy.

The computer part you get at most 45 mins. But the essay itself was 5 minutes. If you've ever done a job application where they ask for an assessment on leadership and team work skills it was like that.
Do you complete the survey before or after your interview?

I did mine before my interview but there was another girl that took it with me and she had already finished with her interview. I think it depends on how early you show up for your scheduled slot

Hey guys!!! I FINALLY got my invite! I just got nervous!

No, I didn't get to tour. I currently attend Famu, and I asked a few people who were in the pharmacy program about that. They told me there was no tour. Maybe they do it sometimes, I have no idea.

You don't have to arrive early for the computer portion. Just calm down, I completed mines before, but I think you can do it after. I think it just depends on if they can take you on time or not.

They asked questions #1, #2,#5, a variation of #6, they asked why famu. the essay was about what things would make you most successful in the program. Good luck.

Congrats, I shouldn't have said they weren't interviewing if I wasn't sure. I didn't mean to make you nervous.
It's okay and thank you! I think my nerves will calm down once I get over the interview and the decision letter! Staying positive!

Hey guys! I just had my interview this morning! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be lol but I'm so anxious to hear back now. They said to keep checking our emails because they will start sending decisions out in about 2 weeks!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! I just had my interview this morning! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be lol but I'm so anxious to hear back now. They said to keep checking our emails because they will start sending decisions out in about 2 weeks!
Who interviewed you?

I had my interview this morning as well lol and yes it wasn't as bad as some made it seem but we should all be fine. Keep praying and refreshing those emails

When someone gets accepted, please let us know.

Guys!!!! I got accepted into the main campus for fall 2017!!! :soexcited::soexcited:

Last edited:
I got accepted to the main campus as well:clap::soexcited::highfive::claps::claps: