This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone else interview tomorrow?!

Members don't see this ad.

How did it go/what was it like??

It was fine not intense or anything. took 4 survey before we even got started though felt almost like one of those assessment you take when applying for a job.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I am a transfer and have my interview tomorrow. Anyone else request the Crestview campus? Good luck everyone! :)

Hey Guys, Can anyone confirm that they have stopped sending out invitations for interview at this point. Based on the pre-pharm students that already have seats and the transfere student who have already interviewed, I am pretty certain all the seats are taken. For the transfer students who got interviews.. Where your gpa's above 3.5?

Hey Guys, Can anyone confirm that they have stopped sending out invitations for interview at this point. Based on the pre-pharm students that already have seats and the transfere student who have already interviewed, I am pretty certain all the seats are taken. For the transfer students who got interviews.. Where your gpa's above 3.5?

I don't know. The email we got for the interview stated interviews don't guarantee admission into the program. So maybe they'll send out more later after interviews???

Im a transfer student with 3.7 gpa

That's same with me I am a transfer student and I actually transfer to the university. My Gpa is a 3.5 I have 300 volunteer hours for pharmacy and worked as a pharmacy tech. I dont know if they care about that and I haven't received a interview. Might just apply to other schools

Good afternoon everyone! This will be a relatively lengthy post as I will be talking about my interview for those of you still waiting for either an interview invitation or awaiting the date of your interview.

First of all, I will begin with mentioning that the interview is held on the 3rd floor of the college of pharmacy. Once you get to the third floor, make your way to student services and sign in. There is a secretary there if you need any guidance as welll. After you are signed in, you have a seat and wait to be called in for an interview.

As per my interview, I was questioned by two individuals in a relatively large room with both individuals sitting on one end of the room while I sat at the other end.

The interview began with me giving an opening statement with my name and a little background info. Then the questions began (NOTE: these are only the questions I remember and your questions may be different)

Do you have any experience in a pharmacy or performed any volunteer work?

What information have you gathered to better help the pharmacist on staff?

Have you ever faced an ethical issue which you had to resolve and how did you resolve it?

What characteristics lead you to choose FAMU as one of your choices for pharmacy school?

What beneficial traits should every pharmacist possess?

Why do you feel would make you an ideal candidate for the program?

What do you feel signifies diversity within a pharmacy?

(These are all the questions I can remember).

After the questions, I was asked to provide a closing statement as well as any questions I may have in regard to the college of pharmacy.

Afterwards I was taken to a separate room to complete a survey which fundamentally felt like a job interview questionnaire as it had the typical questions with “Strongly agree - Strongly disagree” responses.

I hope this information serves you guys well in your interviews. I didn’t ask when Wendy would receive a response as to our acceptance into the program because I felt that would have sounded pompous. However, when looking online, I have noticed people in the post obtained an acceptance letter within a few days-few weeks of their interview after everything has been submitted (i.e transcripts). Best of luck to everyone, and don’t give up hope! It will happen if it’s meant to be!

Reactions: 5 users
I received an invite to interview with a 3.59 GPA, but a 3.8 science GPA. They told me the last interviews are taking place within the next few weeks.

Update: No invite or interview tab but my application does say audit complete now. So maybe some more word soon? I’ll post with further news for others who are waiting as well.

Good afternoon everyone! This will be a relatively lengthy post as I will be talking about my interview for those of you still waiting for either an interview invitation or awaiting the date of your interview.

First of all, I will begin with mentioning that the interview is held on the 3rd floor of the college of pharmacy. Once you get to the third floor, make your way to student services and sign in. There is a secretary there if you need any guidance as welll. After you are signed in, you have a seat and wait to be called in for an interview.

As per my interview, I was questioned by two individuals in a relatively large room with both individuals sitting on one end of the room while I sat at the other end.

The interview began with me giving an opening statement with my name and a little background info. Then the questions began (NOTE: these are only the questions I remember and your questions may be different)

Do you have any experience in a pharmacy or performed any volunteer work?

What information have you gathered to better help the pharmacist on staff?

Have you ever faced an ethical issue which you had to resolve and how did you resolve it?

What characteristics lead you to choose FAMU as one of your choices for pharmacy school?

What beneficial traits should every pharmacist possess?

Why do you feel would make you an ideal candidate for the program?

What do you feel signifies diversity within a pharmacy?

(These are all the questions I can remember).

After the questions, I was asked to provide a closing statement as well as any questions I may have in regard to the college of pharmacy.

Afterwards I was taken to a separate room to complete a survey which fundamentally felt like a job interview questionnaire as it had the typical questions with “Strongly agree - Strongly disagree” responses.

I hope this information serves you guys well in your interviews. I didn’t ask when Wendy would receive a response as to our acceptance into the program because I felt that would have sounded pompous. However, when looking online, I have noticed people in the post obtained an acceptance letter within a few days-few weeks of their interview after everything has been submitted (i.e transcripts). Best of luck to everyone, and don’t give up hope! It will happen if it’s meant to be!

How long were your opening and closing statements?

How long were your opening and closing statements?

Each one was about 30 seconds-1 minute long. I felt that I should make it brief and to the point, not to mention that I didn’t expect that kind of question. If I remember my emotions at the time, I just expressed my gratitude for even being invited to begin with and expressed my appreciation for their time as well. I also didn’t say that I was the best and said I understood if they chose to accept other candidates who are superior to my talents so as not to seem pompous but humble.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is it that 97% of threads in pre-allo get booted to the lounge but this one is 3 pages deep, despite the fact that there's a specific forum for this topic

Pharmacy moderators are lazy.

sdnbruh

Fine by popular demand I have moved this thread to the appropriate forum (I hope). But I am considering this my moderator action for April, if not all of Q2 2018.

Are you happy now @CetiAlphaFive ?! And @PharmDBro2017 ?

1y3paz.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Update: I received an interview invite this morning. Best of luck all.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! Did you happen to see on those lists of dates, when the last day for interviews is? At least for the month of April?
Update: I received an interview invite this morning. Best of luck all.
E list

Congratulations! Did you happen to see on those lists of dates, when the last day for interviews is? At least for the month of April?

E list
Yes, they are all really close. The dates available for this month were 5th, 6th, 9th, and 10th.

When is your interview??
I haven’t chosen a day because of conflicting dates with work, but it will be either Monday or Tuesday of next week whether I find coverage or not!

I haven’t chosen a day because of conflicting dates with work, but it will be either Monday or Tuesday of next week whether I find coverage or not!
Congrats on getting an interview! Best of luck. :)

Also, did anyone else get questioned about distance learning? I chose Tallahassee as my preference on the application, so I'm not sure if they asked me that because they thought I wanted the Crestview campus or if they asked everyone that. Or maybe it was just asked randomly? Not sure haha but it kind of has me worried as I am definitely not able to relocate.

Also, did anyone else get questioned about distance learning? I chose Tallahassee as my preference on the application, so I'm not sure if they asked me that because they thought I wanted the Crestview campus or if they asked everyone that. Or maybe it was just asked randomly? Not sure haha but it kind of has me worried as I am definitely not able to relocate.
I chose Tallahassee as my campus as well and they also asked me that question.

I’m glad all of you are not willing to relocate because I live in Crestview and I’m not willing to relocate either!
I checked the dates for interview again and now it shows 9th-12th so it may continue on farther into the month.

Apparently it's customary to send thank you letters, but I can't recall the male interviewer's name or face(I just remember that he was really nice) can anyone help me out? I believe the same people interviewed everyone, Deborah Taylor and someone else.

I’m glad all of you are not willing to relocate because I live in Crestview and I’m not willing to relocate either!
I checked the dates for interview again and now it shows 9th-12th so it may continue on farther into the month.
Oh wow. Okay. Thanks so much for the updates

Apparently it's customary to send thank you letters, but I can't recall the male interviewer's name or face(I just remember that he was really nice) can anyone help me out? I believe the same people interviewed everyone, Deborah Taylor and someone else.
I believe his name is Dr. Nazarius Lamango. I looked at the pictures of the staff on their website and his was the only face I recognized.

Is anybody aware of who exactly was conducting interviews this past Monday??

Has anyone been accepted yet?

I don't think so, looking at previous years, we may hear back some time next week. Especially if the 12th is the last day of interviews for now. I am just hoping it is soon! Senioritis has begun to settle in for me.

I just got done with my interview, it was rough. They were nice, but very inquisitive of my answers. Best of luck all.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone!! I was accepted into Pharmacy School! Be sure to check your emails and applications.

I was accepted too! Congrats to everyone else who got in!

Still waiting on a response but congratulations on everyone who got accepted so far!!!!

For the ones that got accepted when we’re your interviews and are you transfers??

Hey everyone! Just wanted to point out an observation I just noticed. I recently went to the pharm application website to review the curriculum and they uploaded a revised curriculum that started this past Fall 2017. Just wanted to inform you all since this curriculum is quite different than the one they had posted before.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to point out an observation I just noticed. I recently went to the pharm application website to review the curriculum and they uploaded a revised curriculum that started this past Fall 2017. Just wanted to inform you all since this curriculum is quite different than the one they had posted before.
Hey I only see the class of 2021 curriculum. Could you post a link please?