FAMU school of pharmacy 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulRx14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooo I'm thinking about applying to FAMU. They don't require the PCAT (which is awesome) but I've also heard that makes it harder to get into. Does anyone have any information on the application process? GPA??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi are you planning on applying ?? I am!! Let's keep this thread going for updates and info !

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi are you planning on applying ?? I am!! Let's keep this thread going for updates and info !
Yes I'm planning on applying!! I heard its a good school... Not too overwhelming!! Have you submitted your application yet?

I think they wait for the pre pharmacy (0-6) students to be reviewed and then transfers

I think they wait for the pre pharmacy (0-6) students to be reviewed and then transfers
Ok do you know how long they take to review the pre pharmacy students?? I heard they start reviewing applications like maybe January or February with interviews starting in March.

Yea I've heard that is the timeline , deadline is the 1st I believe pre pharm gets looks then the rest. In previous years there has been a decline in prepharmacy students therefore clearing space for transfers ,a friend from last cycle told me that and I also saw it on previous app cycle treads ! Good for transfers lol anybody in pre pharm there ?

Yea I've heard that is the timeline , deadline is the 1st I believe pre pharm gets looks then the rest. In previous years there has been a decline in prepharmacy students therefore clearing space for transfers ,a friend from last cycle told me that and I also saw it on previous app cycle treads ! Good for transfers lol anybody in pre pharm there ?
I heard they are thinking about doing a rolling admissions this year. And yes I've heard they accept progression students first and then transfers. Is it hard for transfers to get in??

I have heard mixed reviews . I guess it all depends on how many pre pharmacy student they have ....did u hear Rolling admissions from admin?do you have any idea on the number of applicants ?

hey guys, regarding the interview, when asked "why choose FAMU" how do I answer pls?any special reason?anything extra I need to know about the school?

hey guys, regarding the interview, when asked "why choose FAMU" how do I answer pls?any special reason?anything extra I need to know about the school?
Hi there!

Did you all ready get an interview for the 2015 fall semester? If so, are you a pee pharm candidate, a transfer Student? Etc?

Was interviewed April 2nd! I'm from MD, a transfer student!