FAP and AMCAS Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

An Yong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had two questions for anyone nice enough to answer =)

1. I recently applied and received FAP. Just curious, but I read that many schools will waive their secondary fees if you have FAP, do I have to request some sort of proof/document from AMCAS to send in with the secondary, or do the schools already know I receive FAP?

2. How can you check the status of your amcas application (i.e. if your missing any transcripts, if its been processed, etc.? ) I checked the welcome screen after I submitted but I don't see any status info.

Thanks in advance, An Yong!

Members don't see this ad.

hehe ignore number 2, my welcome page just changed =P

An Yong said:
I had two questions for anyone nice enough to answer =)

1. I recently applied and received FAP. Just curious, but I read that many schools will waive their secondary fees if you have FAP, do I have to request some sort of proof/document from AMCAS to send in with the secondary, or do the schools already know I receive FAP?

Thanks in advance, An Yong!

Did you save the email message from AAMC stating your FAP approval? Just print out copies of that message and attach it to your secondary apps. Be sure to call the schools first to see if they waive secondary fees.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the guidlines for receiving Fabs.

Lil'Bunny said:
What's the guidlines for receiving Fabs.

To receive FAP, you have to submit a request LONG LONG LONG before you ever thought about applying because it takes FOREVER to verify. You have to send in you and your parents' taxes and FAFSA blah blah blah. And then, you can't register for the MCATs or submit the AMCAS until you have been verifed for the FAP. I went through the entire process and had to withdrawl the darn thing because it was taking too long and I wanted to submit my AMCAS as early as possible. So, if you have time, you should submit the FAP asap.
:)