FAP Ob/Gyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praying mantis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the FAP program needs Ob/Gyns? I'll be starting residency in July and would really like to join FAP.

Members don't see this ad.

there is always a need for ob/gyn..
Applying to FAP, unlike HPSP, is very similiar to applying for residency (since there is so much fewer FAP than HPSP). Thus you will have to eventially go through a two day stay at bethesda and interview with the guys over there. Don't worry, its all organized for you, even the trip and the hotel stay. You do not have to decided if you want to acually sign until you have acually went through the two day process and been accepted, or offered the spot, and then you have to decided within a week or so.
So I would start the process, if you are thinking about it, and through the process you will learn even more about it, and be more informed (at the end) if you still want to join or not.

My opinion about FAP is clear from the posts above, but you need to make your own.
The first step is to contact a medical recruiting office. That of course depends where you are.

hope this helps.

A.