FAP question concerning MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktran17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the MCAT summer 2012, but wont apply until Spring 2013. I was wondering if I could apply for the FAP to be used just for the MCAT summer 2012 and then apply again for application fees Spring 2013?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see any problems with this~

It's not exactly obligatory to apply after being granted the FAP

Fap? Are you talking about what I think you're talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be taking the MCAT summer 2012, but wont apply until Spring 2013. I was wondering if I could apply for the FAP to be used just for the MCAT summer 2012 and then apply again for application fees Spring 2013?

I don't know about the FAP process from personal experience. However, I would assume you can use the FAP multiple times. You might just need to reapply.

**Everything said above was strictly non-sexual FAP.

I was on the AAMC website earlier and it said something along the lines of "when your FAP is verified for the calendar year.." I inferred from this statement that you would have to get your income verified every year.

I don't know about the FAP process from personal experience. However, I would assume you can use the FAP multiple times. You might just need to reapply.

**Everything said above was strictly non-sexual FAP.

From what I understand most people don't use the FAP more then 3 times per session.

i fapped for my mcat. i do not recommend.

EDIT (w/ legitimate response): Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a FAP designation is valid only for the calendar year (NOT cycle or academic year) in which it is granted, and you may re-apply in consecutive years. I know of one person who has successfully done what you are proposing.

From what I understand most people don't use the FAP more then 3 times per session.

How many people that have tried to use it more than three times? I'm guess most just say, "oh not it's impossible, why even try?".

yes taht is what i plan on doing this year. i used it on my mcat and plan to apply again first thing on jan to use on apps.

How many people that have tried to use it more than three times? I'm guess most just say, "oh not it's impossible, why even try?".

People who have gotten really desperate have been known to FAP far more then three to four times.

People who have gotten really desperate have been known to FAP far more then three to four times.

Is it worth even attempting a third or fourth time? You might be trying your hardest but will your attempts cume to fruition or will you be rejected with nothing but wasted time and energy.

When do you submit FAP for 2012? January?

The problem with that link is that it's saying that it's open for 2011, but it doesn't say anything about 2012.

"The AAMC is now accepting Fee Assistance Program applications for the 2011 calendar year. Applications will be accepted until December 15, 2011."

The 2012 applications will probably open sometime past Dec 15, 2011.

"The AAMC is now accepting Fee Assistance Program applications for the 2011 calendar year. Applications will be accepted until December 15, 2011."

The 2012 applications will probably open sometime past Dec 15, 2011.
Thank you.