FAP Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpmfast

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did not know about FAP until reading the post here. Good stuff! Who is eligible for FAP? For instance, I went to a foreign med school such as the Carribean and have passed the USMLE and want to do a residency and get FAP, can it be done?

Thanks, I will do more searches on the subject.

Members don't see this ad.

The answer is yes, but you can not match on the military match , you need to find your residency on your own .Once you do that you can enter the FAP program after passing step 3 if FMG.

Did not know about FAP until reading the post here. Good stuff! Who is eligible for FAP? For instance, I went to a foreign med school such as the Carribean and have passed the USMLE and want to do a residency and get FAP, can it be done?

Thanks, I will do more searches on the subject.

The answer is no. FAP members are commissioned medical corps officers. In order to be commissioned in the medical corps as a physician, you must have graduated from an accredited US/Canadian medical school OR completed an accredited US residency.

Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
The answer is no. FAP members are commissioned medical corps officers. In order to be commissioned in the medical corps as a physician, you must have graduated from an accredited US/Canadian medical school OR completed an accredited US residency.

Sorry.

I don't mean to troll . But I know for a fact that that is not the case in the ARMY and Air Force, unlike the NAVY which requires some specialties to be board certified and to have 2 years of practice in the specialty if FMG . I would sugest you talk to your healthcare recruiter from the four services and get the scoop.

I don't mean to troll . But I know for a fact that that is not the case in the ARMY and Air Force, unlike the NAVY which requires some specialties to be board certified and to have 2 years of practice in the specialty if FMG . I would sugest you talk to your healthcare recruiter from the four services and get the scoop.

Won't disagree. I am quoting OPNAV INST 1120.4.

Definitely for the Air Force you can do FAP, if you went to a Caribbean medical school. You must be a citizen and be in an American residency.