Fasfa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackbird03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know how to add more than the 6 schools they give you space for in the fasfa app for medschools?

Members don't see this ad.

taken from Do we list all med schools on FAFSA? in the Financial Aid Forum

Originally posted by paean

If you have more schools to apply to than the amount of spaces on the FAFSA, you fill it out with the first six (is it nine this year? It was six last year.) Then after you get confirmation, you "correct" your FAFSA, by changing the schools to the next bunch of nine, and if you are like I was, you wait for confirmation and correct it again.

If you file online, it takes only a day or two to get confirmation and then change the schools. If you read the instructions, this is what they tell you to do, and they don't actually remove the schools you initially listed. So all the schools will get your info.

What kinda backwards method is that? Thanks for the info though!

Members don't see this ad :)
ah, government...

LL

just wondering...how long does it take them to email you a password/ login ...i haven't gotten it yet b/c it is my 1st time filling one out.

You don't have to do all the mess.

I filed the online Fafsa.

and in the help menu there was instructions if you wanted it to got to more than 6 schools.

There were several choices, like the one mentioned.

But the easiest thing to do is simply to send the schools a copy of your SAR report.

JUST PHOTOCOPY THE SAR AND SEND TO THE OTHER SCHOOLS.

I don't know if printing and mailing is easier. Especially since right now my printer is funky and I'd have to use some stamps ;)
NOTE: if you do make the changes online, this is a warning from FAFSA:

Go to the FAFSA Corrections on the Web site and add more schools by submitting a correction to his or her FAFSA information. The student needs his or her PIN for this option. If the student makes further corrections after adding the new schools, the schools the student entered on the original FAFSA will not receive these corrections. However, the student can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center to make changes to school information using his or her Data Release Number (DRN). (Please refer to the Customer Service page for contact and assistance information.)