Faster, shorter, and easier to read than UptoDate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickensoupdr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any good apps that are a good reference for inpatient services? UptoDate has been great but sometimes it's way more than what I need.
What do you guys use in the wards?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any good apps that are a good reference for inpatient services? UptoDate has been great but sometimes it's way more than what I need.

You could try Pepid. I've never used their Primary Care suite, but the EM one is great for quick references in the ED. I don't use it as much as I used to, but I reference it just often enough to keep me subscribing. It was extremely handy as a resident as I could reference it quickly and covertly before presenting and/or getting pimped by an upper level/attending and it would at least appear that I knew my stuff. We received a free subscription in residency.

Uptodate is already pretty concise as from your previous post sounds like you're in medicine, that you have to know the pathology/epidemiology etc that your Attendings will question you on and management. Epocrates on the phone is a great little program though to look up medications and quick factoids if you're getting what lab you may want to consider, etc.

Dude! Don't cut corners in care.

Up-to-date is already one of the shortest most concise resources in medicine out there which also happens to be one of the best.

I can't imagine how more concise you want your reading to be.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you looking for something like MGH Pocket Medicine to help you guide a differential/workup? That's a good start when it's 3am and the ER just dropped 6 hot messes in your lap because that's when the beds finally became available.

Otherwise, agree that for basic reading/understanding, UTD is where it's at.

Dynamed

Reactions: 1 user