1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

fastest way from BWI to Georgetown

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by neecie, Dec 6, 2001.

1. neecie

neecie Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm flying into BWI early Monday morning for an interview at Georgetown. Can anyone familiar with transportation options in D.C. tell me the fastest way from the airport to the school and approximately how long it would take? Taxi? Can I do it in less than 1.5 hours? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Take the MARC train down to Union Station and then take the METRO subway. Get off at Foggy Bottom and take a taxi to G-Town. From BWI to Georgetown--it should not take you more than $10 one way. Good luck.

4. alice

alice Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

DNALadder's way WILL get you to Georgetown, but there's a chance you might have missed your interview by then. It would be way pricier but more convenient to take a cab. From BWI, that would be a hunk of money. I would suggest a compromise and take MARC to union station and then a cab to Gtown. You can find out exactly how long MARC takes from their website and a cab ride should be 20 minutes or less, unless it's rush hour.

Good luck.

5. DNALadder2002

7+ Year Member

Alice, I noticed you are from Maryland. Did you apply to Maryland and if so, any word from them? I'm waiting for an interview, rejection, or standby...

6. mora225

mora225 New Member

neecie: I'd agree with DNAladder that taking the MARC train and a cab is a reliable (and cheap) way to get to Georgetown. You will have to give yourself plenty of time, though.

DNAladder: I sent in my secondary to UMD (in-state) in late August and was intervied 10/1, accepted 10/23.
    Good luck!

7. bebe

bebe Member
    7+ Year Member

DNALadder2002
    I am not alice but I applied to UMaryland. Had my interview almost 2 weeks ago!
    Let me know if you have any questions

8. DNALadder2002

7+ Year Member

I submitted my secondary application months ago and have not heard a peep from them. When do they start sending out rejection letters or better yet, do they interview well into the spring? I got accepted to GW in October and will probably go there if I get rejected from UMaryland. How were your interviews? Any harsh words or is the school perfect?

9. neecie

neecie Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks for the advice! if i take the marc train and taxi, do you guys think i will make it in 1.5 to 2 hours?

10. DNALadder2002

7+ Year Member

neecie, it will probably take 30-40 minutes (at most) to get to union station from bwi. once you're at union station, it should not take you any more than 30 minutes to get to g-town (either taxi from foggy bottom or taxi from union station). Good luck!