Fastest way to get M.D. license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fkissam

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the fastest way to get an M.D. license? In other words, if you are medically trained but do NOT want spend the time going to medical school, what is the fastest way to get the M.D. license?

This would be used for simple prescription-writing. So many physicians have such little knowledge .... it appears that many patients go to physicians and educate the phsyicians. All the patient really needed was the legal right to write a prescritpion.

Is there a fast route to being able to legally write a prescritpion if you possess years of medical study?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by fkissam
So many physicians have such little knowledge .... it appears that many patients go to physicians and educate the phsyicians. All the patient really needed was the legal right to write a prescritpion.

**image deleted**

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the fastest way to get an M.D. license? In other words, if you are medically trained but do NOT want spend the time going to medical school, what is the fastest way to get the M.D. license?

Is there a fast route to being able to legally write a prescritpion if you possess years of medical study?

Are you ******ED? Seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)

**Image deleted**

Looking for the easy way out, ah? I must admit, I love threads like this. Can't wait to see the one-liners people come up with.

Hmmm, there's always Mexican medical schools?!?!?! I've heard that the Caribbean is a nice place to spend a couple of years.

But if you just want script powers, you could become a Nurse Practitioner...but that'll take you 4 years too. So I guess that won't help you in your quest for instant glory.

Or you could just steal a persciption pad.

Or you could just rob your local Walgreens and dispense drugs outta the back of your car.

Or sometimes there's a "mail-in" MD degree on the back on Cheerio boxes. Unfortunately you'll have to pay for shipping and handling. But I would be happy to pay that fee for you.

Perhaps if you move to far Northern Minnesota, they might let you treat the locals without an M.D. Or maybe they're wait until you freeze to death and then use your toes for hockey pucks. But it's worth a shot!

honestly, i'm not sure this thread deserves a reply, but I'll give one anyway: to get an MD, you have to earn it. It's not given away. There is no getting an MD without going to medical school. There are quicker routes through med. school than the general US formula (college then medical school), but medical school is medical school.

New to SDN + Stupid post = Troll

Just stop feeding it and it will go away.

Fastest way:

3 years undergrad

+

3 years "medical" school in the islands mon

+

x years residency...if you just want to write prescriptions, choose a short residency program.

6 + x = Fast!

Or you can just become a chiropractor in one of the states that lets you write scripts. :idea:

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
**image deleted**

That is hilarious!!! :laugh: :laugh: Are you telling him what will happen when he writes scripts with the degree he paid for??/ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This would be used for simple prescription-writing. So many physicians have such little knowledge .... it appears that many patients go to physicians and educate the phsyicians. All the patient really needed was the legal right to write a prescritpion.

Let me guess, none of the drugs you want to write scripts for are NARCOTICS right? :laugh:

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
**image deleted**

I find this image horribly offensive. But I don't think I could've expected any less from the King of ****.

tf

Originally posted by chuck deli
I've heard that the Caribbean is a nice place to spend a couple of years.

I don't think the Caribbean should be considered an "easy way out." :mad:

Everything else is pretty valid, though.

haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by farleyisgod
I don't think the Caribbean should be considered an "easy way out." :mad:

Everything else is pretty valid, though.

haha

You are absolutely correct. Caribbean students still have to pass the same exact licensure examinations that U.S. students have to pass plus some more. Some schools have higher pass rates than U.S. schools. Caribbean schools do not get you out in a shorter time. You might actually be there for an extra year due to licensure delays. So, nobody has any right to think of Caribbean as an easy OR quick way out.

P.S. I am an undergrad not yet taken the MCAT - so my post is unbiased.

no "fast or easy" way to get an md license or prescription privleges. nurse practitioner will take you 6 yrs as its a masters level degree and i believe most PA programs are masters level now as well (and if you find one that isn't chances are it will be very soon!) the best advice i can give is if you are still in highschool and you are very motivated and smart, enroll in running start or some similar program where you essentially finish the first 2 years of a bachelors degree along with your highshool studies so when you graduate you enter college as a junior. THIS CAN BE EXTREMELY CHALLENGING THOUGH! good luck

I am almost 50 yrs. old. I have studied medicine on my own since I was 18.

MOst good doctors have told me that I know about their speciality than they do. They have all encouraged me to become a physician.

However, I do not have the patience or time in life to sit in medical school. Is there a faster way to get the M.D. title so that I can take care of myself and my family legally with the ability to write simple prescritpions. NO, THESE ARE NOT NARCOTICS/ CONTROLLED substances.

Please advise. Thank you.

give it up man.. ur neva gonna get what you want in the states... maybe move to another country??

Aren't there ethical issues with prescribing for yourself and family anyway? As if wanting a mail-in medical degree wasn't unethical enough...

yea exactly... thas why it is never gonna happen...

perhaps you could buy drugs online, or travel to other countries posing as a doc (since you know so much this should be easy for you to do) and get what you want so bad.

sounds like fun man... or you could just go see your local doc....

The fastest way would be to enroll in Ross in the Carribean in their class starting in May. From then it would be about 38 months until you got the M.D.

It would be relatively fast but don't kid yourself that it would be easy you would still have to do clinical rotations for 2 years in U.S. hospitals with lots of overnight. Then you would still have to do at least a year of internship to get licensed. After being licensed at this minimal level it still might be hard to get insurance companies to cover you.

Another relatively quick alternative is McMaster in Canada which is three years with no breaks.

fkissam: the fastest way to get an MD license is to pay off someone with a massive amount of money. Otherwise, you're looking at a minimum of 4 years to become an NP or MD

Well, fkissam..

not that I doubt your intellect or base of knowledge since you studied medicine since "18," but from what you have written so far, you do strike me as being ignorant though.

If you do not have the patience or time, then what's the point?

And if you need prescriptions so badly, why not get the doctor to write you a large prescription with X amount of refills so you don't have to go see the doctor too often? Or find a doctor who will see your family all at once?

What you've been saying does not add up, nor would I trust you with the legal ability to prescribe medicine.

Originally posted by TTSD
Well, fkissam..

not that I doubt your intellect or base of knowledge since you studied medicine since "18," but from what you have written so far, you do strike me as being ignorant though.

If you do not have the patience or time, then what's the point?

And if you need prescriptions so badly, why not get the doctor to write you a large prescription with X amount of refills so you don't have to go see the doctor too often? Or find a doctor who will see your family all at once?

What you've been saying does not add up, nor would I trust you with the legal ability to prescribe medicine.

man... if only my rectum had that kind of intellictual mumbo-jumbo screaming from it!

hahah:laugh:

Originally posted by cooldreams
man... if only my rectum had that kind of intellictual mumbo-jumbo screaming from it!

hahah:laugh:

Well, to be honest most of my direct line of thinking comes from that general region anyways :)

Originally posted by AlternateSome1
The same poster is asking in the MCAT forum if he can get his MD by passing the MCAT without going to med school. Guess he isn't as bright as he believes.

~AS1~

Yup.. I just responded to that thread. He kind of reminds me of those people you know that brag about how much they know about this and that through what they read in Popular Mechanics.

My name is Frank William Abignale............

:laugh:

Does the picture squat n squeeze posted scare anyone else?

I am almost 50 yrs. old. I have studied medicine on my own since I was 18.

MOst good doctors have told me that I know about their speciality than they do. They have all encouraged me to become a physician.

However, I do not have the patience or time in life to sit in medical school. Is there a faster way to get the M.D. title so that I can take care of myself and my family legally with the ability to write simple prescritpions. NO, THESE ARE NOT NARCOTICS/ CONTROLLED substances.

Please advise. Thank you.

okay you convinced me! when i get my MD i'll hand over my scrip pad to you.

positive14.jpg

why not just change your first name to doctor, print up some business cards and start introducing yourself as "doctor fkissam" and start a practice? moving around a lot would also help, to avoid getting arrested and all.

just my $.02

I heard that you can get a medical degree through the mail. An MD certified both his cat and dog that way a while back. I'm not smart enough to be a physician without at least 4 yrs in school though, so that option is out for me.:(

hehe, or 32 years of independent study?? "i studied medicine since i was 18 and im 50 now!" hehehehe

It is great that you want to help yourself and your family but is it so you can avoid the cost of seeing a doctor? It's great that you know alot about medicine, so why did you wait till now to be one? It seems that you had this interest all along. Trust me all of us would rather just get a certificate, especially after going through the pain and agony of med school and pre med. The thing is that is what makes you appreciate what you are, a doctor, if you want to write prescriptions just play pretend with your grand kids.

Ok so you are 50 and have been studying medicine since 18. That is about 32 years. You could have gotten an M.D. at least three times by now! Maybe you should start thinking ahead.

...UW was my school of choice, I looked down on an individual I met during rotations. He graduated from a school of medicine based in the Caribbean. He was far more competent than anyone I've ever met in a hopsital setting, so I assumed he must be a complete exception to the rule. Then I did some research and discovered that not at all, but at the two top schools in the Caribbean, students were scoring higher on USMLE's than students in the continental U.S. Beyond being slightly shocked and embarrassed, I realized that medical students in the continental states are not all that we think we are. Some of you might consider getting down off your high-horse as I had to.

As for the individual with 32 years "medical" experience beginning at 18 yrs. of age..."hehehe"...say, what?!?!

...UW was my school of choice, I looked down on an individual I met during rotations. He graduated from a school of medicine based in the Caribbean. He was far more competent than anyone I've ever met in a hopsital setting, so I assumed he must be a complete exception to the rule. Then I did some research and discovered that not at all, but at the two top schools in the Caribbean, students were scoring higher on USMLE's than students in the continental U.S. Beyond being slightly shocked and embarrassed, I realized that medical students in the continental states are not all that we think we are. Some of you might consider getting down off your high-horse as I had to.

As for the individual with 32 years "medical" experience beginning at 18 yrs. of age..."hehehe"...say, what?!?!

This was a reasonable, well-written post.

In response to a 5 year old thread.

How did you even find this thread?

Lordy.

Status
Not open for further replies.