Fat Nurses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCW2401

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why are so many nurses so fat? If you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of patients?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are so many nurses so fat? If you can't take care of yourself, how can you take care of patients?

I suspect it is from built up karma from 3am pages about diet orders or constipation. A little known fact is that Mr Jones actually doesn't need to poop at 3am!

But seriously it is probably because they commonly work crappy hours, often on nights and eat crappily while here. Every hospital I have worked at had a **** ton of potlucks and bake sales run by the nurses with nothing but chips, cakes, and other terrible for you food.

Reactions: 3 users
****in *******

give those nurses a break
they have one of the hardest grittiest jobs in the hospital

from someone who's worked the sort of hours that leave no time for self care because you're busy working to take care of others, I can say you should cut them slack and leave them alone

lolol if you don't care for yourself how can you care for others
naive one, medicine is big business and does all it can to squeeze every ounce of lifeforce out of you
the whole point is neglect yourself and family and work until you drop

if self care is your #1 priority, get out now

I know there's plenty of docs and nurses that find the time to eat right and get them gains, good on them
a lot of the rest of us schlubs are just trying to get by

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.