Father's Day & Pain Doctor Million-Dollar Baller Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
take a breath. read ducttape's comments. nobody called you racist or sexist. you are acting like a teenage girl. you shouldnt be getting this mad at a relatively innocuous comment

Here is a copy/paste:

"your comments can be interpreted as systemic racism and sexism all wrapped up in one"

In 2020, no one is going to imply anything like that about me without my pushing back...It isn’t cute, and clearly there is nothing in my post that reflects systemic racism or sexism.

You can disagree with me about this topic, but that doesn’t have anything to do with either sexism or racism.

Too bad the modern Leftist movement (you're flirting with that platform based off many of your posts) freely throws those accusations around at the very second it appears someone may have a differing opinion or see a separate nuance...

Blacks are underrepresented in STEM, therefore systemic racism must be to blame.

SommeRiver disagrees with me, therefore his posts could be interpreted at systemic racism and sexism wrapped into one.

I am completely in agreement that blacks in America walk a tougher road than my good looking and athletic white ass has walked, but I firmly believe the destruction of the black family is the final common pathway.

That is my argument, nothing else.

It is not merely the fault of black men either...That's some cold BS right there.

Members don't see this ad.

What we value is what we want. It’s not what we get, usually.
I guess you fail to see you are answering your own response.

black women want men that are educated and financially stable more so than white women, yes. there is a much greater lack of available black men that fit in that category, and that may be the root of the value being placed on these criteria.

I may really have wanted to date a beautiful blonde runway model, but that was not who I am around and more damningly they are not the kind of people who would ever date a guy like me. I had to settle...

But, does this hold true for whites? the answer is Yes. Poorer SE class as a whole have higher divorce rates...

In terms of black men being employed, those employed are also making significantly less income than comparable white men. Greater unemployed, greater incarcerated (or previously incarcerated, which affects earnings potential) and much worse income (factoring both in the decision not to marry, and financial difficulties is one of the top 5 reasons for divorce).

The difference between black men and white men of poor SEClass is the opportunity for advancement is still possible - albeit difficult - where it is almost shut out for black men...

Members don't see this ad :)

Sure, but I'd rather refill Percocet RX's on morbidly obese fibro patients and hear excuses about why they can't exercise.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
What we value is what we want. It’s not what we get, usually.
I guess you fail to see you are answering your own response.

black women want men that are educated and financially stable more so than white women, yes. there is a much greater lack of available black men that fit in that category, and that may be the root of the value being placed on these criteria.

I may really have wanted to date a beautiful blonde runway model, but that was not who I am around and more damningly they are not the kind of people who would ever date a guy like me. I had to settle...

But, does this hold true for whites? the answer is Yes. Poorer SE class as a whole have higher divorce rates...

In terms of black men being employed, those employed are also making significantly less income than comparable white men. Greater unemployed, greater incarcerated (or previously incarcerated, which affects earnings potential) and much worse income (factoring both in the decision not to marry, and financial difficulties is one of the top 5 reasons for divorce).

The difference between black men and white men of poor SEClass is the opportunity for advancement is still possible - albeit difficult - where it is almost shut out for black men...

I'm sorry, but you're just dodging the fact that these women are getting pregnant by these men who do not meet their standards for companionship (good D though).

I don’t disagree with the fact black men fight uphill battles to success, but the simple fact remains these black men struggling so hard come from broken homes. Had their childhood been two parents and at least one sibling these guys would be living different lives. Not all would of course.

My argument is generational of course.

I'm sorry, but you're just dodging the fact that these women are getting pregnant by these men who do not meet their standards for companionship (good D though).

I don’t disagree with the fact black men fight uphill battles to success, but the simple fact remains these black men struggling so hard come from broken homes. Had their childhood been two parents and at least one sibling these guys would be living different lives. Not all would of course.

premarital sex is, well, an entirely different sociological exposition.

the only thing I will say to that point is that the individuals who need greatest access to contraceptive preventative measures are those that are least likely to obtain them, due to political forces...

there is good evidence to supports your position that single parenting is a significant problem, but the solution is more complex.

Reactions: 1 users
That's incredible. When you're balling like that. Practicing medicine is just an expensive hobby and a time-suck.
Bolling is an academic cardiothoracic surgeon. Boston Sci’s cardiac division must’ve had a banner 2019 in terms of sales.

Reactions: 1 user
Bolling is an academic cardiothoracic surgeon. Boston Sci’s cardiac division must’ve had a banner 2019 in terms of sales.

Dr. Bolling is an awesome cardiac surgeon and wonderful person to work with in the OR, he deserves every penny. Good for him.

premarital sex is, well, an entirely different sociological exposition.

the only thing I will say to that point is that the individuals who need greatest access to contraceptive preventative measures are those that are least likely to obtain them, due to political forces...

there is good evidence to supports your position that single parenting is a significant problem, but the solution is more complex.

Agreed.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are an offensive troll. I was a US Marine and I love this country. You are nothing but hate and rage. If you want change, vote.

1. Term limits
2. Fix the tax code. Make under 75k and no taxes. Make more and it is 10% across the board. No Tax code. No deductions. No shelters.
3. The federal government should exist for a military to defend the country. Infrastructure. Fair education (dismantle the union that teaches the democratic party’s line). And to provide for welfare for the truly needy and handicapped.

None of the above should be more than minor disagreement to hammer out minutiae.

Once done, we can move on to fixing healthcare, corporate monopoly, etc.

A marine?

That's great! Thanks for your service. I have often thought that the only people who should have the right to vote should be veterans or active duty soldiers- people who really put their nuts on the line.

Did you get a "devil dog" or "USMC" tattoo? I assume, since you are in the southeast, that you spent some time for boot at Paris Island? My brother was a physician captain in the navy and ran the naval hospital in Charleston when it was open. He used to take helicopter rides down to Paris Island to fetch some of the guys there who needed a little more involved care.

CT surgeons don't try to eat their own and they are generally more respected as a specialty?
While they may be more respected and Bolling may be a nice guy, both of these physicians are huge industry shills, with the Bolling taking 18x more corporate money than the Deer. Bolling is clearly #1 in Boston Sci’s payments to physicians and it’s not even close. Deer is #4 on this list.

A marine?

That's great! Thanks for your service. I have often thought that the only people who should have the right to vote should be veterans or active duty soldiers- people who really put their nuts on the line.

Did you get a "devil dog" or "USMC" tattoo? I assume, since you are in the southeast, that you spent some time for boot at Paris Island? My brother was a physician captain in the navy and ran the naval hospital in Charleston when it was open. He used to take helicopter rides down to Paris Island to fetch some of the guys there who needed a little more involved care.

Went from OCS back to college. No tattoos. Quantico. No active duty. OCS helped me decide on medical school.

Went from OCS back to college. No tattoos. Quantico. No active duty. OCS helped me decide on medical school.

Well that is still a marine!

Many of my uncles were marines in ww2. All my uncles and my dad had their tattoos- usually acquired when they were drunk. My wife had an uncle that went through 6 first wave amphibious assaults and was not wounded once. He was an NCO and kept getting transferred when they formed new marine divisions. My father in law was on a destroyer from 41-45 and was in all the biggies. Got a couple of pals who are active duty SEALs now (they are much younger, of course).

One of my neurosurgeon partner's father was a marine in ww2. Upon graduation from med school, he let him go buy a car- on him. He came home with a Honda. The old man met him in the driveway, threw him up against the car and said, "Those MFers tried to kill me for three years. I don't care if you get a Kraut car, but no kid of mine is going to drive a GD Jap car"! He took it back. Ironically, he joined the marines as well and is still in the reserves- he goes to Germany periodically to do neurosurgery.

I collect WW1 and WW2 militaria- got some cool pour le merites (one to a guy who was a co-conspirator later in ww2 to kill hitler), a US ww1 wing collection, some knight's cross groupings, honor goblets, swords, tons of ww2 weapons (I really like the soviet DP-28) and US Submarine flags. No Jap stuff- it would piss off the old man. They still hate them to this day (of those who are alive).

While they may be more respected and Bolling may be a nice guy, both of these physicians are huge industry shills, with the Bolling taking 18x more corporate money than the Deer. Bolling is clearly #1 in Boston Sci’s payments to physicians and it’s not even close. Deer is #4 on this list.

Bolling patented an invention, founded a company, and sold it to Boston.

It's a more efficient method of balling but without digging into the details, we can't know if either or both of these guys "sold out".

Bolling patented an invention, founded a company, and sold it to Boston.

It's a more efficient method of balling but without digging into the details, we can't know if either or both of these guys "sold out".
Well if Bolling did that, then I stand corrected. He is not a salesman, he is an innovator. Deer is not.

Well if Bolling did that, then I stand corrected. He is not a salesman, he is an innovator. Deer is not.

Just found out that the two guys in the other pain practice in our town made $1.8 million and $1.6 million last year. I must admit, that is pretty high and more than I made when I was really going all out. However, it just goes to show you that such income levels are certainly possible and do occur.

I do not envy them and wish them well- I just don't want to live that kind of life. By all appearances, they are very nice guys. One is only four years out of training.

If one left and I was offered to join the practice, I would decline. However, if that does occur in the future, I will be glad to post that opportunity for those here wanting to make big bucks. Be careful what you wish for.

On the other hand, any one of you could become a stim company ***** or align with the drug companies to publish pseudo-science articles. There is big money in both and you can easily make over $1 million per year by doing that. Of course, if you have a soul, it is more problematic. Note the infamous people we all know about who do such activities. Fortunately for them, hell is full of Kennedys and they will have to build more rooms to accomodate them- that could take time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found out that the two guys in the other pain practice in our town made $1.8 million and $1.6 million last year. I must admit, that is pretty high and more than I made when I was really going all out. However, it just goes to show you that such income levels are certainly possible and do occur.

I do not envy them and wish them well- I just don't want to live that kind of life. By all appearances, they are very nice guys. One is only four years out of training.

If one left and I was offered to join the practice, I would decline. However, if that does occur in the future, I will be glad to post that opportunity for those here wanting to make big bucks. Be careful what you wish for.

On the other hand, any one of you could become a stim company ***** or align with the drug companies to publish pseudo-science articles. There is big money in both and you can easily make over $1 million per year by doing that. Of course, if you have a soul, it is more problematic. Note the infamous people we all know about who do such activities. Fortunately for them, hell is full of Kennedys and they will have to build more rooms to accomodate them- that could take time.

Ballers that make over 1.5mm don’t take much vacation, if at ALL. That’s an issue for some , not for others . Ortho guys that I know take 3 months of vacation, and make a good living .

that being said, my boat/d..k is bigger than theirs...

Ballers that make over 1.5mm don’t take much vacation, if at ALL. That’s an issue for some , not for others . Ortho guys that I know take 3 months of vacation, and make a good living .

that being said, my boat/d..k is bigger than theirs...

I thought the new trend was to grow one on your arm...

• Haha
I thought the new trend was to grow one on your arm...
Lmao.... yes get sepsis and grow a d...k on a limb . Nice Concept . Not sure how that was medically Authorized by anybody.

but your mind is in the gutter.
“D..k” =dock

IMG_3938.JPG

Expand your brand

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Joe Kennedy? I thought that all the Kennedys were in hell. Are there some left?

nope. this one will probably be a senator in 2020. he's really not that hate-able, although im sure some will try

OTOH, i personally know people who have babysat for some of the kennedy kids and she says they are complete a-hole brats

it has been going downhill with the Hollywood/Hip Hop culture glorifying the exact behavior causing their situation. Enter Cardi B.

nope. this one will probably be a senator in 2020. he's really not that hate-able, although im sure some will try

OTOH, i personally know people who have babysat for some of the kennedy kids and she says they are complete a-hole brats

didnt this Kennedy just lose? That post didnt age well.

he did.

the other guy - Edward Markey - is the incumbent.

and Markey is the more progressive one of the 2. Kennedy's perceived conservatism relative to Markey did not help.

Well..... if it is money you desire, get a different job or wait for them to die/retire. However, some guys will want another pound of flesh with a “buy out”.

Most of those who are concerned about others who make more money tend to be to the left of the political spectrum. As they believe they are virtuous and honest and have not achieved the income/goals of others, they always assume that those others achieved that by being stealing, being unethical, or inheriting what they have. It is a very peculiar psych quirk, but common.

If you want to make more money:
1. Work harder- more hours, more call
2. Develop new skills
3. Move to a higher reimbursement area
4. Move to an area with less competition
5. Cut a deal with a spine group
6. Do 4 IMEs each weekend
7. Work faster

The world is your oyster- if it is money you crave, it is out there for the taking. I personally do not know why anyone would want that. When you are older, you will regret that pursuit.

I am sitting now, out of state at my farm, working and enjoying the outside, listening to Quail and purple martins. That’s all I want.
What kind of farm do you have? What do you raise? How many acres? I have a farm too. Right now, I just have my skid loader and my hands and am just about done installing my cedar fence. Once done, I plan on getting some cattle, sheep, and goats for now.

If I wanted to be a bazillionaire I don't think it would be that difficult for me, or for anyone else on this forum for that matter and it comes down to one word: LEVERAGE. I have my own practice and it works. It generates a decent amount of revenue and I know the entire practice from the bottom up. All I would do is take my exact model here and do it elsewhere, only hiring another pain doc in my place. I would then just keep repeating it over and over. I would create a system that could be replicated and essentially manage itself, just like McDonald's. That's how I run all of my current businesses. Every time I purchase a property, I just plug it into my real estate system and it runs itself within the business model. I can expand indefinitely, literally.

Now I have absolutely zero interest in doing this as I have no desire to make anymore more money, at least not from medicine. I don't like being a boss or managing employees and I would probably make for a terrible leader. I hate telling people what to do and it's not something I good at doing.

If I wanted to be a bazillionaire I don't think it would be that difficult for me, or for anyone else on this forum for that matter and it comes down to one word: LEVERAGE. I have my own practice and it works. It generates a decent amount of revenue and I know the entire practice from the bottom up. All I would do is take my exact model here and do it elsewhere, only hiring another pain doc in my place. I would then just keep repeating it over and over. I would create a system that could be replicated and essentially manage itself, just like McDonald's. That's how I run all of my current businesses. Every time I purchase a property, I just plug it into my real estate system and it runs itself within the business model. I can expand indefinitely, literally.

Now I have absolutely zero interest in doing this as I have no desire to make anymore more money, at least not from medicine. I don't like being a boss or managing employees and I would probably make for a terrible leader. I hate telling people what to do and it's not something I good at doing.

So you mean the exact model for Sonobello, MinuteClinic, USAP, etc..?

So you mean the exact model for Sonobello, MinuteClinic, USAP, etc..?
I'm not sure what those businesses are but probably yes, or the thousands of other businesses out there that have figured it out. There are only 24 hours in a day so no matter how hard you work you are limited. If you want to make it big, you must figure out how to leverage yourself. You must be able to replicate yourself and not think of yourself as an employee. That's why Hollywood is so wealthy, they replicate themselves through videos and theaters so they can rinse, wash, repeat over and over and over again. All they have to do is build more movie theaters or DVDs and their revenue increases. They don't need more hours in the day. You cannot look at yourself as an employee, as an employee is limited by the hours in a day.

While he is not a pain doc he is a baller

Last edited: