Fatima College of Medicine: a 'rumored' Diploma Mill with FAFSA eligibility?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wichitafallsguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
From another thread. I see a lot of people is wandering about fatima school of medicine. i would suggest you look at the better schools in the philippines like ust, la salle, feu, etc...even though they like to recruit you about doing a rotatation in the US. in a long run its much worth it to do well in the other schools. what i heard about fatima is from my sister in which she graduated physical therapy from fatima. it a very horrible situation only for last resort. the person who threaded before me that they have 2 different classes in which it is lectured in tagalog and its cheaper and the "special class" which is lectured in english for foreigner and double the cost possibly guarantee you that you will pass if you got the money and sure enough they will ask you show me the money. from also what i heard from my ex lasallian friends that had to force transfer their meaning they got booted out of lasalle and transfer to fatima, is that sometimes you do not know your standing in your exam you may of pass or you didnt. if the school need money they withhold your grade you have to take an exam in which you pay for and they pass a few of you then fail the rest so you have to take a refresher course in which you have to pay for and an exam you have to pay again. there are many courses in medicine especially the 3rd and 4th year and they do this in every class. the recruiters may say that they always have the top board passer in the last few years but they do not tell you they withhold you from applying to the apmc and prc to take the philippine boards unless you finish their review center by passing their exam, which is not a bad idea but for some of their graduates, graduated a few years back and now able to take the philippine boards. i know im really talkin bad about fatima, i jst want to inform whomever that theres many better choices out there in the philippines instead of limiting your choice to one school. take it from me i was accepted in fatima in 1997 but i opted to go to la salle and now i have my doctor of medicine degree and im studying for the usmle. in addition the best time in my life was living in the philippines for those short few years. even though you are studying in the most prestigious profession it doesnt mean you cannot have fun...
icon_lol.gif
. well i hope this thread is helpful, take care and god bless

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A great advice if you're interested in attending a medical school in the philippines is to:

1 - read about it

2 - confirm it by visiting it yourself

Every school has its pros and cons, and you just have to pick the right one that would be suit you best, in terms of accomplishing your goal. A great way to learn about the school is to sit in during a class and talk to students and Doctors. 1st hand information is ALWAYS better than second hand.

A good sound advice to anyone is enrolling next year is to ALWAYS be proactive. No matter what school you go to, its a money making business and you have to be proactive with everything so you dont get screwed over. Anyways good luck.

Last edited:

I've done away with mine as well. I didn't mean to sound like I lashed out at you, and if it came out as such, I apologize. No school in the Philippine is golden, they all have issues, and underlying facts untold to those who first enrolled. I learned that the hard way, since I was a transferee from another University; I had issues with the admin at another school. Lesson well learned... no matter school you go to, it pays to be proactive. Cause most of these school see you as a foreigner = money.

Anyways, I am curious though. Where did you get your information from? re: fatima.

Last edited:
Are there any current or former students of Fatima out there? If you are how is/was your experience there?

I would like to know their experiences too.

Last edited: