Favorite AT Still Quotes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D.O.C.

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If your horse is tied to a post, would you kick it before untying it?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my lord!
Todd, you should have put in a disclaimer. Something like this...You may find this extremely funny if you go to NOVA and if you participation of mutilating the thousands of AT Still quotes thrown at us in OPP. Please do not be offended!
Now, with that said. WWATSD?
If lymphatics are the bank of the river of life, then the diaphram will tell you when to stop, or something.
Oh, go phosphorylate something.
-Jamie :rolleyes:

How about this one...
If you cut off your horse's penis, will zoie phosphorylate the scrotum? :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
You people at NOVA...let me guess. Dr. Patterson is starting his own AT Still cult down there.

Wait till he shows you the picture of him with his arm around AT Still's Gravestone...weird.

A.T.Still on the treatment of hemorrhoids:

"I rotate the coccyx to the right and the left......Now I proceed to adjust the spine from the sacrum to the dorsal region, taking every vertebra separately.....I never insert my finger into the patient's rectum to make this adjustment...because we should have some respect and regard for the patient's modesty"

p. 166, Osteopathy Research and Practice, A.T.Still

Howdy,

It seems to me that the soul of a man dwells in his fascia.

My highest ambition is heaven and an automobile.

Its not an AT Still quote, but it still makes me roll my eyes:

"Close your eyes and take the fascial journey"

Yeah the man was CCCCCrazy.

Actually,
My favorite picture of Dr. Patterson's was the one with AT Still and the anatomy group dissecting the cadaver outdoors.
Helpful tip: if you're feeling tired after a long road trip, try doming the pelvic diaphram on each other. Obviously it's sure to get at least 5 more hours of sleep!
:D

My favorite DO quote of course came from one of the goofball OMT labs...

"Visualize the Rectum"

I really don't want anyone visualizing my rectum.

Just wait until you guys do CRI (cranial rhythm) as second years at NSU. Dr. Arcos is great and I love her, she doesn't say anything cooky, but if you get an "interesting" doc as your group leader, well, wait for the analogies and one-liners to roll.

If you do dome the pelvic diaphram, watch your hand placement...although some female doctors really like their job when they position incorrectly :eek:

Hey! What's wrong with a little AT Still cult? Just because I visualize my horse's fascia while he is simultaneously being kicked and having his pelvic diaphragm domed doesn't insinuate that I'm crazy! Point in fact: While writing this email, my left PSIS rotated posteriorly. I inserted a first through the external anal sphincter and noted that my pelvic hammock was slung from four posts instead of two. Now, my PSISs are no longer experiencing fascial drag and I can freely "find that path as set by the divine surveyor." Ahhhhh... Actually, my favorite quotes come from dialogue with starry-eyed OPP faculty:

Student: Forsooth. Praytell, how do I know when I've found a chapman's point?

Faculty: Dear boy, its quite simply appreciated as an ishy squishy piece of tapioca pudding. If you'd rather, I'd liken the point to a kernel of corn, bashed to and fro by the flowing fascial planes.

Seriously though, I am glad to see that DO's have enough backbone fascia to laugh a little. I am grateful for the osteopathic education experience and surely hope that my palpatory skills will one day percieve the subtle movement of parietal bones!

PUSHinEPI2

Actually, I heard that a chapmans point feels like your first kiss....
on another note, it's all about the pattymelt

It would be nice if Patterson, when he changed schools, to learn some new phrases.

"Palpate miles and miles of breasts"