Favorite podcasts for science/education/entertainment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheZaLord

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spend a LOT of time in the car driving between schools, nursing homes, night classes, and occasionally, home.

So I'm looking for something entertaining but informative. And I thought, it may be good idea for other people with long commutes. Or just fun.

I like "StarTalk" a lot, Listen to a few nutrition/fitness, and just started "This Won't Hirt A Bit" which is pretty funny.

What do you guys and gals like, if any?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if you're looking for only science podcasts that are entertaining, but I like Welcome to Night Vale and The Truth. Welcome to Night Vale is presented like a radio show for a mysterious town. The Truth is a series of short stories told in an audio drama format, it's insightful and profound at times. Both last quite some time per episode.

Radiolab is both very informative and entertaining regarding contemporary issues in science. Freakonomics is another good one, exploring how economic principles can be applied to literally everything. Both are produced in a way that allows them to be informative and easy to listen to at the same time.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I tend to lean toward that, but anything interesting works.

I was listening to audiobooks for a while too but that got expensive.

Thanks for the suggestions!

NPR had an entire spectrum of awesome podcasts/radio playlists - from radiolab to slice of life American history to political and social forums to short stories and autobiographies. Pretty great.

Bill Burr's "The Monday Morning Podcast." Hands down.

I'm going to second what everyone here said with regards to Radiolab, TED Radio Hour...and pretty much all of NPR really. If you haven't already checked it out, Serial is a good podcast that gives some insight into the criminal justice system and is pretty engrossing, albeit not very science heavy.

On an unrelated note, OP, New Star Trek TV series announced today! Hooray!

If you're in to audiobooks, then I might recommend getting them from librivox.org. They generally free books from the public domain, and they are read by volunteers.

Medical School HQ podcast! Trust me, I thought I knew it all about the application process, but there's a few gems in there essential to any premeds. Their interviews are great!

Reactions: 1 users