Favorite Section on the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandoraaj009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite section on the MCAT is...

I used to love Verbal, but now it just frustrates me. I'm going to go with Biological Sciences.

Members don't see this ad.

physical sciences for me. that's not to say i don't love the BS, but if i had to choose it would be PS.

Members don't see this ad :)
(cough) bio major (cough). I'll take a couple orgo passages over a philosophy passage any day.

VR..its usually the most interesting, as it has passages from a wide array of disciplines..

I picked Verbal. It's my best section, and I'm actually interested in most of the passages I have to read.

definitely Writing 1) Who doesn't love a section that doesn't matter tons and 2) Without it, my BS score would be significantly lower. It was a great break from VR.

I like BS the best because it's the easiest for me (uhm, hi, bio major) but I find the VR passages really interesting. They're a pretty great source of random knowledge you would probably never acquire if you weren't preparing for the MCAT.

BS!! I just plain loved this section. It was always my saving grace in my practice tests and the real thing. After feeling like crap about the rest of the test, I'd step it up into high-gear with the subject I knew best. And Organic is awesome, people who don't like it don't know what they're talking about!

I like verbal because you don't have to memorize equations :p and your score depends on an intuitive grasp of what your reading

BS!! I just plain loved this section. It was always my saving grace in my practice tests and the real thing. After feeling like crap about the rest of the test, I'd step it up into high-gear with the subject I knew best. And Organic is awesome, people who don't like it don't know what they're talking about!

I know, right!!!! :thumbup:

BS. It's by far the most interesting and my best section. :D Hopefully it'll pull through for me when I take the real thing.

I don't hate organic. I actually like it better than Gen Chem and Physics...

I just always never feel 100% about an answer I chose in organic so it makes me uncomfortable.

I like BS the best because it's the easiest for me (uhm, hi, bio major) but I find the VR passages really interesting. They're a pretty great source of random knowledge you would probably never acquire if you weren't preparing for the MCAT.

i totally agree! but it was always awkward trying to explain a conversation segue as, I was studying for the mcat and there was the fascinating verbal topic...I'm sure I've become somewhat boring to be around b/c my life is the mcat, and, um, the rest of the world has a life lol....

I know it's for a purpose, i'm just saying....

i totally agree! but it was always awkward trying to explain a conversation segue as, I was studying for the mcat and there was the fascinating verbal topic...I'm sure I've become somewhat boring to be around b/c my life is the mcat, and, um, the rest of the world has a life lol....

I know it's for a purpose, i'm just saying....

i do this all the time to my wife. something will remind me of a particular essay, and i will try and explain it to her to no avail. the topics can be so esoteric and interesting. she told me i should (once my scores come out and if i never have to worry about this stuff again :xf:) take all the practice passages and put them in a binder and she will read them. after june 30th, i hope that i can.