Favorite Subject in Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mo007

Gifted Hands
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just wondering... what is your favorite subject in Dental School? or Labs?

Also, which subject you consider the hardest of all?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My favourite subject is Sleep Disorders....I just slept right through it.... :sleep:

Operative, called "Dental Hard Tissues" at our school, has been the funnest subject so far. Not only did we get lots of dental anatomy, but it was our first experience with prepping teeth, carving amalgam, doing composites, etc., etc.

Some of the hardest courses at my school have our Cardiopulmonary course, our Kidney/Urinary course, and our Pathology course.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a common difficult subject for all schools? - I know people have different interests, but which courses are least feasible to go through?

I can tell you my least favorite lab so far...Removable Pros. Setting denture teeth is the most miserable thing I have ever done. My personal hell would be an endless line of occlusion rims that need teeth to be set. This is the only thing I have disliked in school so far.

My favorite might be implants. We just started learning it and practicing making stents etc and it's pretty damn cool! :thumbup:

Gross Anatomy
Runner up...Operative Lab (not the didactic)

I love anatomy...especially the dissection part....i hate "oral biology" where we have to learn all the odontogenesis, amelogenesis etc...they are darn boring..... don't know what this subject is called in US though...

1. Dental Materials I
2. Dental Materials II
3. Biochemistry

:thumbdown: :laugh:

GoLakers! said:
1. Dental Materials I
2. Dental Materials II
3. Biochemistry

:thumbdown: :laugh:

HAHA, till I scrolled down, I thought you were either crazy or a real boring person.

I took some Biochemistry before Dental School... and I don't think it's so bad as some of you've said. If you liked Organic Chemistry - I think you will enjoy Biochem in every way.