Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
Hey guys

Just wondering... what is your favorite subject in Dental School? or Labs?

Also, which subject you consider the hardest of all?

Thanks

the big wand

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2004
Status
My favourite subject is Sleep Disorders....I just slept right through it.... :sleep:

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Operative, called "Dental Hard Tissues" at our school, has been the funnest subject so far. Not only did we get lots of dental anatomy, but it was our first experience with prepping teeth, carving amalgam, doing composites, etc., etc.

Some of the hardest courses at my school have our Cardiopulmonary course, our Kidney/Urinary course, and our Pathology course.

About the Ads

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
Is there a common difficult subject for all schools? - I know people have different interests, but which courses are least feasible to go through?

DcS

damn the red baron
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
I can tell you my least favorite lab so far...Removable Pros. Setting denture teeth is the most miserable thing I have ever done. My personal hell would be an endless line of occlusion rims that need teeth to be set. This is the only thing I have disliked in school so far.

My favorite might be implants. We just started learning it and practicing making stents etc and it's pretty damn cool! :thumbup:

tanwe461

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
I love anatomy...especially the dissection part....i hate "oral biology" where we have to learn all the odontogenesis, amelogenesis etc...they are darn boring..... don't know what this subject is called in US though...

Mo007

Gifted Hands
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
I took some Biochemistry before Dental School... and I don't think it's so bad as some of you've said. If you liked Organic Chemistry - I think you will enjoy Biochem in every way.

About the Ads