Favourite song/type of music you listen too

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BTW what do you guys think about -- penn masala ?
i loved there song -- show me the meaning of being desi...but that was a while ago....there latest album is - the brown album....

Members don't see this ad.

hopeful05 said:
i loved there song -- show me the meaning of being desi...but that was a while ago....there latest album is - the brown album....
I love their "with or without you" U2 rewrite song. wow that was powerful. Well can't beat U2. There is a girl band from NYU I heard that also does this type of singing.

yeah i luv with or without you too....most guys luv this song by U2.(all my frnds do)...and i like the penn masala version as well....those guys can sing! :love:
really i'll chk abt the NYU band..thankx :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hopeful05 said:
yeah i luv with or without you too....most guys luv this song by U2.(all my frnds do)...and i like the penn masala version as well....those guys can sing! :love:
really i'll chk abt the NYU band..thankx :)
chamak chalo is a great song that penn masala remade

hopeful05 said:

ahhh i love them! :D

Hey where do I get penn masala stuff?

Are they in CDs at the store?..

damn, this undesi part of california sucks

priyanka said:

Limewire

sunny123 said:
There should be in HMV....thats where i bought my penn masala cd. :oops:

priyanka said:

lol...i know what you mean....i wud try...
http://www.pennmasala.com/store.php

but for older songs....yeah!! limewire :thumbup:

i wish they had more shows :love:

Data - check out Ravi Shankar's CD from the Monterey Pop Festival

The track you and everyone else should enjoy is the "Raga Bhimpalasi", and then listen to Alla Rakha's "tabla solo in ektal". This is some fine music people.

I'm sure you can get the first track off of limewire.

I just bought a CD of red indian- western type instrumental music- it's called Yahe- the meditation music by Qary Bastidas- i am lovin it.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrGarfield said:
I just bought a CD of red indian- western type instrumental music- it's called Yahe- the meditation music by Qary Bastidas- i am lovin it.
anyone like savage garden?

sunny you should change this thread title to "non indian songs for indians"

sunny123 said:
^ Nope, and Snow, the artist who did Informer, lives only 45 minutes away from me!!
my cousin knew him :cool:

data said:
my cousin knew him :cool:
I wanted to play the sarod ever since i watched this video at my uni. I love hearing the beats of tabla. Sitar is another amazing instrument but its huge! I may get this free from a friend although the guy vanished into the states. I love pop/rock/some rap(eminem especially)/classic is great but haven't listened to them that much. I like techno to some extent when they add dumb computer voices into the songs just give me the chills.

BSB is back hopefully their album won't be made for the teenager girls. Incomplete songs good waiting to hear the rest of their album.

Premedtomed said:
Anyone listen to remixes??
Hey prem a lot of stuff on the radio are remixes....

my latest favourite is Lonely by akon and lonely no more by rob thomas :thumbup:

Premedtomed said:
Anyone listen to remixes??

i listen to them once in a while.. do you mean hindi/american remixes? they're okay but they're def. not my favs. what's a good one you recommend?

allergic2morons said:
my latest favourite is Lonely by akon and lonely no more by rob thomas :thumbup:

OMG i hate that song- "Lonely".. Akon sounds like a total loser in that one. it gets me so pissed off for some reason.
"Lonely no more" by Rob Thomas is good- I like that one. :thumbup:
Lately I've been listening to Gwen Stefani's "Hollerback girl" haha I love it!! The **** is Bananas- B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Kids can learn how to spell with that one. :laugh:

saffronrain said:
i listen to them once in a while.. do you mean hindi/american remixes? they're okay but they're def. not my favs. what's a good one you recommend?

Bally Sagoo's remixes are worthwhile. Other than that techno version of classical music is also interesting

Premedtomed said:
Bally Sagoo's remixes are worthwhile. Other than that techno version of classical music is also interesting
I like ....."Gur naloon Ishq meetha".....
remixes as in "Bend it like beckham" or "monsoon wedding"......

prady said:
yup!sagoo is often called as the king of remixes! :thumbup:
I absolutely hate bally sagoo.....my sis has a whole collection....yuck....

as u hate sagoo,where can i contact ur sis?for the collection,of couse!u dont hate me,do u? :laugh: :smuggrin:
meetlife said:
I absolutely hate bally sagoo.....my sis has a whole collection....yuck....

DJ Suketu and DJ Akeel make superb remixes. Has any one herad "woh lamhe" remix from movie Zeher :thumbup:

My favourite bhangra song for the moment are kala chashma by amar ashi and dil lutiya by jazzy B and apache indian. though i understand very little punjabi i enjoy the beats.
What do u folks think about Kangna by dr.Zeus?

This one called "angel eyes" though not a bhangra song is quite coollll:thumbup:

allergic2morons said:
My favourite bhangra song for the moment are kala chashma by amar ashi and dil lutiya by jazzy B and apache indian. though i understand very little punjabi i enjoy the beats.

This one called "angel eyes" though not a bhangra song is quite coollll:thumbup:

angel eyes is by raghav

I'm pretty eclectic when it comes to preference of music.

Indian Music: Among current soundtracks, my favs are:
Paheli
Bunty Aur Bubbly

Good Remixes:
Disco 82 (DJ Aqueel)
Bin Tere Sanam (DJ Suketu)
Woh Lamhe

Western Music:
Rock: Green Day, Metallica etc
R & B: Usher, Nelly
I must also mention Outcast and Black eyed peas for providing great music to dance to.

Can somebody tell me what's the best source of mp3s of Indian songs (both current and classic). Most websites just have streaming versions of the songs that you can't download, and the songs I need are invariably unavailable on file sharing software like Kazaa.

Thanks for the help.

allergic2morons said:

:thumbup:

allergic2morons said:
DJ Suketu and DJ Akeel make superb remixes. Has any one herad "woh lamhe" remix from movie Zeher :thumbup:

have u heard the song "agar tum mil jao" from same movie . its supercool :thumbup:

zing said:
Can somebody tell me what's the best source of mp3s of Indian songs (both current and classic). Most websites just have streaming versions of the songs that you can't download, and the songs I need are invariably unavailable on file sharing software like Kazaa.

Thanks for the help.
try bit torrent

zing said:
I'm pretty eclectic when it comes to preference of music.

Indian Music: Among current soundtracks, my favs are:
Paheli
Bunty Aur Bubbly

Good Remixes:
Disco 82 (DJ Aqueel)
Bin Tere Sanam (DJ Suketu)
Woh Lamhe

Western Music:
Rock: Green Day, Metallica etc
R & B: Usher, Nelly
I must also mention Outcast and Black eyed peas for providing great music to dance to.

bunty and bubbly rap song is cool!
green day :thumbup:

Any U2 fans?

zing said:

Thanks for the help.
not even on limewire??

^^wow arab & greek music. that's def. out of the ordinary. i've never listened to their music.. i'm sure it's good!

lately i've been obsessed (OVERLY obsessed) with music from "The Phantom of the Opera".. it's ridiculous. i can't stop singing them or listening to them.. the lyrics are beautiful and it's just... so ... GOOD! i haven't seen the broadway show but i've watched the movie and it's fantastic. gerard butler acts as the phantom, and he's actually quite sexy. it's weird. the phantom is attractive..... uh.... okay....

gujuDoc said:
I love listening to any other ethnic music, such as Arabic and greek music, but I also love American Alternative music as well.
Have you heard the turkish song by tarkan - simarik
also the half french/half arabic song aicha
I like persian music, some songs by mansour morteza are good too :thumbup:

rxgal8 said:
Have you heard the turkish song by tarkan - simarik
also the half french/half arabic song aicha
I like persian music, some songs by mansour morteza are good too :thumbup:
btw, aicha was sang by khaled
other good ones:
half hindi/half arabic: hisham abbas - nari narain
arabic: mustafa sandal - aya benzer
spanish: las ketchup - asereje
spanish: loona - hijo de la luna
spanish: loona - donde vas

...ok gtg i'll add some more later...

Listen to DJ Cheb I Sabbah!

I heard some of his newest stuff, and he decided to go back to his Moroccan roots (it didn't impress me too much). But listen to his other stuff, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Best track: Rupe Tujhe Deva (Karsh Kale Gopi remix)

meetlife said:
I like ....."Gur naloon Ishq meetha".....
remixes as in "Bend it like beckham" or "monsoon wedding"......

Yeah...bally sagoo is good...most remixes are so good...for parties and stuff....me and my frnds are dancing on his "mera laung gawacha" remix for this show...organized by the indian community....BTW anyone know anyother good songs..like for dance? ... there are so many good hindi songs but we need one with only female vocals....anyone know any???

How about Ghazals??
Ghulam Ali?
Sunny?? (Add some class to your music collection :p )

hopeful05 said:
Yeah...bally sagoo is good...most remixes are so good...for parties and stuff....me and my frnds are dancing on his "mera laung gawacha" remix for this show...organized by the indian community....BTW anyone know anyother good songs..like for dance? ... there are so many good hindi songs but we need one with only female vocals....anyone know any???
a lot of the culture shows always have that one song from fiza - mere mehboob (?) i'm pretty sure it's all female vocals...unless you want a remix song... :luck:

you mean mehboob mere....yeah.....i luv that one..esp for dancing...but i don't know y the other girsl didn't want to do it? :(

hopeful05 said:
you mean mehboob mere....yeah.....i luv that one..esp for dancing...but i don't know y the other girsl didn't want to do it? :(
lol yah that's what i meant. it's a good song for an all-girls dance. i'll let u know if i think of any other ones...