Favourite TV/Movie Doc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnny_blaze

And my name is hawkeye
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

On a lighter note, aside from the more “serious” threads…

If you were to make a short list of your favourite doc from films or TV, who would be on it? It can be someone who inspires you or just a character you found interesting. I know I’m not the only one who likes medical media :)

My favs are

1) Hawkeye Pierce – MASH movie (as u can tell from my pic) <- LEGEND!
2) Dr. Cox – Scrubs
3) THE TODD!!! – scrubs (whoa… chicks… where?)
4) Trapper John McIntyre – MASH movie
5) Rocket Romano – ER (I know he’s a bastard but that’s what makes him great)

I was thinking of putting Dr. Drake Ramoray (friends / days of our lives) on my list but then realized that he’s way above everyone’s league!

What ya guys got?

Members don't see this ad.

johnny_blaze said:
Hey guys

On a lighter note, aside from the more “serious” threads…

If you were to make a short list of your favourite doc from films or TV, who would be on it? It can be someone who inspires you or just a character you found interesting. I know I’m not the only one who likes medical media :)

My favs are

2) Dr. Cox – Scrubs
3) THE TODD!!! – scrubs (whoa… chicks… where?)
4) Trapper John McIntyre – MASH movie
5) Rocket Romano – ER (I know he’s a bastard but that’s what makes him great)

I was thinking of putting Dr. Drake Ramoray (friends / days of our lives) on my list but then realized that he’s way above everyone’s league!

What ya guys got?

Dr. Evil - Austin powers
Dr. Doolittle
Dr. Ruth - she IS a cartoon character isn't she??
The doctors in the movies "malice" or "coma", dont know character names.
Dr. Kildare, yeah I'm no spring chicken
The docs in Lars von trier's "the kingdom"
Oh I can't forget about Dr. Jeckel.
And last but not least "Bones" McCoy :)

in addition to some of the ones listed--the med student/doctor in patch adams (robin williams)--i would totally love to be him if i could prevent getting kicked out of med school

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Kelly Bracket from Emergency! (anyone? anyone?)

and of course Dr. Octopus.

Noah Wyle aka Dr. John Carter on ER.
Smart. Sensitive. Sexy.

HiddenTruth said:
in addition to some of the ones listed--the med student/doctor in patch adams (robin williams)--i would totally love to be him if i could prevent getting kicked out of med school

Ha ha lol :laugh: I agree. Patch Adams wouldn't have lasted one semester at my school. ;)

Dr. Carter (ER) and Hawkeye from MASH.

Dr. Jed Hill was the doctor in Malice

"I have an M.D. from Harvard. I am board certified in cardiothoracic medicine and trauma surgery. I have been awarded citations from seven different medical journals in New England; and I am never, ever sick at sea.

So I ask you, when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry, or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death, or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, you go ahead and read your bible, Dennis, and you go to your church and with any luck you might win the annual raffle. But if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17th, and he doesn't like to be second guessed.

You ask me if I have a God complex?

Let me tell you something: I AM GOD."

Saw a speech by the real Patch Adams, I thought he was a complete nut job, very different than the impression you get from the movie.

my current fave is dr. house from the new tv show. he's sarcastic and always right. what isn't there to love about him.

i also like dr. drew. well, maybe i don't particularly like him, but i like his job. definitely would be interesting.

Dr. Greene (ER)
Dr. Carter (ER)
the cocky Dr. that had an affair wit Dr. Greene's wife (ER)

johnny_blaze said:

does that guy play the redhead's boyfriend in sex and the city?

i second dr. cox and the todd, i'm told, went to columbia for ugrad. how cool is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
the new resident on ER that works with Abby and Nelah... just cocky enough to keep the show interesting.

Does anyone remember Dr. Miller from scrubs? She was hot and a surgeon… that puts her no.1 in my books. muah xoxo baby

johnny_blaze said:
Does anyone remember Dr. Miller from scrubs? She was hot and a surgeon… that puts her no.1 in my books. muah xoxo baby

Ah yes, hot surgeon babe. My heart is already melting. :laugh:

CaptainJack02 said:
does that guy play the redhead's boyfriend in sex and the city?

i second dr. cox and the todd, i'm told, went to columbia for ugrad. how cool is that?

blair underwood. yummy. :thumbup:

dr. nick riviera!

"well if it isn't my friend mr mcgreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg."

"when you were in that coma, did you feel your brain getting damaged."

Doogie Houser! C'mon people. He's so lovable!

Dr.Watson - y'know "elementry my dear Holmes"
Dr. Frankenstein - was he a medical doctor?
Dr. Pepper - wait, that's a drink.
Dr. Mengalen - most infamous, from "The boys from Brazil"
Dr. Zaius - planet of the apes
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Goodhead - James Bond, Moonraker
Dr. Zcschvago - I've no clue how it's spelled.
The twin docs from "Dead Ringers" Drs. Elliot and Beverly Mantle
Dr. Zoidberb - Futurama
Dr. Zachary Smith from "lost in space"
Dr. Heathcliff Huckstable - cosby show
Dr. Moreau
Dr. No - James Bond agoin
Dr. Feelgood
Dr Everret von Scott - Rocky Horror
Dr. Who - british sci fi
Dr. Faustus
Quincy M.E.

Doctor Octopus said:

someone mentioned dr. zhivago...oh, man, what an intense movie.

well, since it's derived from a book, i'll throw in william carlos williams and solzhenitsyn.

OH, and whoever said blair underwood..dang, i was talking about the one she had a baby with. is that the same guy who's in the OP's avatar? nah, wtf am i talking about, not even close. nevermind! well, since i AM already at the store, i might as well buy some tapioca and ginger ale.

phoenixsupra said:
Dr. Goodhead - James Bond, Moonraker

Hahah, I always wanted to meet her in real life… but I think I’d be expecting a bit too much judging by her name and might end up being disappointed. :laugh:

Oh yea.. lets not forget Dr. Seuss!!!! (unless he’s already been mentioned... I dunno, this list is getting long now)

Yes I WOULD like green eggs and ham.

DrOctopus said:
Dr. Kelly Bracket from Emergency! (anyone? anyone?)

and of course Dr. Octopus.

:thumbup: I can't believe someone else actually remembers that show! Of course he was always upstaged by Jonny Gage the paramedic!

Dr. Scully! Alien blasting, dead people getting up and walking away after autopies, just a day in the life.

Dr. Hibbert - the simpsons.
Dr. Quinn, medicine woman.

My favorite Dr. from the entertainment industry is Doctor Octagon.

How has no one even mentioned Dr. Jason Seaver??? He is a psychiatry God. And he does a mean rendition of Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock n' Roll."

FernandoV said:
How has no one even mentioned Dr. Jason Seaver??? He is a psychiatry God. And he does a mean rendition of Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock n' Roll."

Is he fictional?

Ah, Speaking of psychiatrists.
Dr. Leo Marvin from "What about Bob"
Dr.s Frasier, lilith and the weird brother Crane.
Dr. Hannibal Lechter
The crazy psychiatrists from "Raising Caine" and that Segorny Weaver serial killer movie that's always on cable.

phoenixsupra said:
Is he fictional?

You don't know who Dr. Jason Seaver is? Husband of Maggie (Malone) Seaver. Father of Mike, Carol, and Ben Seaver. Neighbor of the unforgettable Richard "Boner" Tabone. Is anyone following me here??? If not, you are a sad, sad bunch and did not truly experience the 80's.

FernandoV said:
You don't know who Dr. Jason Seaver is? Husband of Maggie (Malone) Seaver. Father of Mike, Carol, and Ben Seaver. Neighbor of the unforgettable Richard "Boner" Tabone. Is anyone following me here??? If
not, you are a sad, sad bunch and did not truly experience the 80's.

i.e. Growing Pains, cheesy 80s sitcom that made Kirk Cameron the C list celebrity he is today :laugh:

Ok.Growing pains. :D Didn't make the connection. Edit: D'oh you beat me to it Ivy.

Speaking of 80's trivia. I got another one.

Dr. David Bruce Banner....you wouldn't like him when he's angry. :D

phoenixsupra said:
Ok.Growing pains. :D Didn't make the connection. Edit: D'oh you beat me to it Ivy.

Speaking of 80's trivia. I got another one.

Dr. David Bruce Banner....you wouldn't like him when he's angry. :D

Incredible Hulk.

Another 80's one: OB/GYN extraordinaire Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable

FernandoV said:
Incredible Hulk.

Another 80's one: OB/GYN extraordinaire Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable

And a 70's one for you older folk: Dr. Robert (Bob) Hartley

FernandoV said:
And a 70's one for you older folk: Dr. Robert (Bob) Hartley

The Bob Newhart Show :D (psychologist BTW)

Fernando, I listed Dr. Huxstable a few posts back ;)