Fax scores to schools that accept them, or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NDPitch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, as you may know, some schools allow you to fax them your unofficial scores for initial review while they await your official scores. UConn is one of these schools. The woman in the admissions office asked me to fax her my scores when I received them. However, if I do that, they will see my really low percentile in RC. Do you think they'll be weirded out if I fax them the scores, but blank out the percentiles with a piece of white paper? I don't want them to know that I was in the 35th percentile in reading (percentiles are different on every test).

It's either that, or wait until the end of August/beginning of September for the scores to be verified by the ADA and uploaded to AADSAS.

Score sheet posted below.

http://postimage.org/image/6zr26ou83/

Members don't see this ad.

I guess you could do that. The fishiness-detector shouldn't go off too much with blanked out sections. However, I feel like you might draw attention and inquiry to exactly what you don't want them to dwell on. 17 is respectable, I would just send the whole thing, and trust that they only consider the scores on the official version.