Fear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doggie

Professional Jackass
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This topic is more towards those that are currently attending dental schools now......but all inputs still welcome ;)

My concern is that I am afraid Dental School will be too much for me to handle. :eek: I've heard about some many horror stories regarding dental and med schools that I am afraid that I will not be able to perform my best. I'm sure that many of you have also encountered this problem.......how did you guys overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Members don't see this ad.

Most people are scared of their first day at college too. It's just the next step and we are all just gonna have to step it up a notch or two. Bring it on! I'm ready.

DMD.

If you completed the pre-reqs, took the DAT, and you were interviewed---then you are definitely (academically) prepared. If you took some upper-level bio. classes that is simply whipped-cream on top!

Mentally prepared-- is just that----prepare yourself by being positive. Enjoy your summer and get ready for the game-----you'll be fine!

R.R.B

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input guys.....

Dental School, HERE I COME! :D

I think there is the initial shock of how much work you have to do. School almost becomes a 9-5 job with take-home work. Professional school is nothing like undergrad. Once you get used to how much is expected of you, it becomes easier and easier as you go along.