btb02

10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2004
Status
I've been told that all NYU applicants that have been interviewed will be informed of a decision by Feb. 15th. I was wondering if NYU was actually going to give out any acceptances on that day or are they just sending out waitlists/rejections? Has anyone been accepted to NYU recently, say during February?

maygirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
btb02 said:
I've been told that all NYU applicants that have been interviewed will be informed of a decision by Feb. 15th. I was wondering if NYU was actually going to give out any acceptances on that day or are they just sending out waitlists/rejections? Has anyone been accepted to NYU recently, say during February?
People have been receiving acceptances in February (check the acceptances thread). But I read in previous threads that despite what NYU says, acceptances are given out on a rolling basis, and that waitlists and rejections are given out on February 15th.

I'm sure they're sending out acceptances later this month, but I also think it depends on when your interview was.

golfdoc8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2005
Status
maygirl said:
People have been receiving acceptances in February (check the acceptances thread). But I read in previous threads that despite what NYU says, acceptances are given out on a rolling basis, and that waitlists and rejections are given out on February 15th.

I'm sure they're sending out acceptances later this month, but I also think it depends on when your interview was.

Mayo I am not sure if I understand what you are saying. Do you mean that if a decision is sent out on Feb. 15 it is a waitlist or rejection and if sent out after that is an acceptance?

maygirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
golfdoc8 said:
Mayo I am not sure if I understand what you are saying. Do you mean that if a decision is sent out on Feb. 15 it is a waitlist or rejection and if sent out after that is an acceptance?
No, no, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it can be either three (waitlist, rejection, or acceptance)....everyone is supposed to know their status around February 15th when they send letters out, so it can definitely be an acceptance especially if you interviewed late. I guess my comment was more applicable to me, who interviewed in November and hasn't heard a thing - according to previous threads from recent years, acceptances are USUALLY given out on a rolling basis, while waitlists and rejections are not. So, I'm pretty sure that I've been waitlisted since other people who interviewed later than me have received acceptances - I guess we'll see where I stand in a week or two.

Don't take my word for it, though - I definitely don't know how things run at that place. I'm just giving some speculation based on previous threads.