Fed Stafford + Private loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fin-Nor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey folks, i have a question to ask. i just received my FA award ($38,500) and i will be attending a private institution. their cost of living estimate is "$52,464" -- which exceeds the fed. stafford of sub and unsub.

if i plan on using T.H.E. for the fed.stafford, is it avisable to also use T.H.E. for the other portion of umet needs also?

sorry if i sound confused here, it's b/c i really am. :confused:

any input is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

It will make it easier 'cause they can use your info for the other loans on the private application (and perhaps for consolidation)...however...you can use anyone you want to use. I would research into the various options/interest rates to be sure that you are making an informed choice.

Fin-Nor said:
hey folks, i have a question to ask. i just received my FA award ($38,500) and i will be attending a private institution. their cost of living estimate is "$52,464" -- which exceeds the fed. stafford of sub and unsub.

if i plan on using T.H.E. for the fed.stafford, is it avisable to also use T.H.E. for the other portion of umet needs also?

sorry if i sound confused here, it's b/c i really am. :confused:

any input is appreciated

T.H.E. is good----I recommend using it for all that you can. You also inquire about the federal perkins loan.

thanks y'all... i guess im just really nervous when it comes to things like this, i have no real knowledge on what to do.

thanks for shedding some light on the situation.