F'ed up senior year

reusm11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but oh well.

I'm a high school senior who'll be attending Johns Hopkins next year to major in B.M.E on the Pre-med track. I've always wanted to go to med-school, but I fear I may have f'ed up lol. So I decided to dual-enroll myself in courses at my community college this year, more specifically 4 classes: (Intro to Physics, Calc III, Linear ALgebra, and Diff. Eq). Now I called Hopkins and asked what the transfer credit policy was, and they said that I needed to get a C+ or higher in CC courses in order to get credit, and that it wouldn't count towards my college G.P.A. (it would just appear as 'credit'). So I'm like 'cool', and decide to coast throughout my senior year and get three B's in Physics, Calc III, and Linear Algebra and a C+ in Diff. Eq. I got credit for four classes, saved some money, and eased some of my future stress. But all of sudden through lurking on some of these forums, I hear that when you apply to med school, they will require these grades as they are college courses. My G.P.A rn is down the sh***er (2.6 I think), so is my med school dream dead? even if I haven't gone to college yet?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

1 semester of 2.6 + 8 semesters of, say, 3.7 averages out to a 3.6

So no, you're not ruined! It is also clearly visible on AMCAS that the first low grades were from high school duel enrollment, so if you do well throughout college they will understand what has happened.

However, BME as a Hopkins pre-med is about as difficult a path as you could possibly choose for this process. Hitting consistent A- (or better) semester averages is one hell of a feat. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
1 semester of 2.6 + 8 semesters of, say, 3.7 averages out to a 3.6

So no, you're not ruined! It is also clearly visible on AMCAS that the first low grades were from high school duel enrollment, so if you do well throughout college they will understand what has happened.

However, BME as a Hopkins pre-med is about as difficult a path as you could possibly choose for this process. Hitting consistent A- (or better) semester averages is one hell of a feat. Good luck!

I see haha, I fear that I was overreacting a bit
Thanks!

I made the same mistake my senior year of high school. 15 years later I'm still a little annoyed with the guidance counselor for causing me so much stress but it all worked out. Study hard in college. You can overcome it.