• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Federal Bureau of Prisons Internship

erg923

Regional Clinical Officer, Centene Corporation
10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2007
  1. Psychologist
    Anyone here applied, have, or otherwise familiar with the internships at the BOP sites. They specifically state that they want "breadth and quality" of clinical experience in applicants, but make no mention of prior forensic experience. I would have to think they favor this, or even require it? Anyone have any idea?

PrisonPsych

7+ Year Member
    Aug 11, 2009
    Texas
    1. Psychology Student
      Anyone here applied, have, or otherwise familiar with the internships at the BOP sites. They specifically state that they want "breadth and quality" of clinical experience in applicants, but make no mention of prior forensic experience. I would have to think they favor this, or even require it? Anyone have any idea?

No idea, but when you find out, let me know - in case the name doesn't give it away, I'm a forensics/corrections gal all the way, and Fed Prisons is one of my dream jobs!

D

deleted176373

Interesting option.

Mark

About the Ads

erg923

Regional Clinical Officer, Centene Corporation
        10+ Year Member
        Apr 6, 2007
        1. Psychologist
          I have heavy neuro and mmpi experience. Im not all that interested in ther BOP, I was just curious for the most part. Although I have to say that after looking it over, its actually alot less forensically focused than I thought it would be. They have quite the range of clinical activities/rotations, and seem like only a minority of them really have to do with the forensic issues of the prisoners (risk assessment, competencey, etc.).

Last edited:
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.