Mar 16, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all, so I'll be starting med school next summer/fall 2021. I currently have 15k of federal subsidized loans from undergrad standing. I'll be graduating undergrad next month (December) and taking a semester of time off before medical school begins. I assume I'll use up my six month grace period for the federal subsidized loan during that gap semester, and if so, can these still loans go into deferment (0% interest) in med school since I will be enrolled full time?

Also, the current due date on these federal loans for me is sometime in 2022. However, after I enter med school, my understanding is that they would automatically be deferred and the due date would extended to way after 2022 until I finish med school and enter residency? Thanks!

M&L

Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2018
Status
  1. Medical Student
Hi all, so I'll be starting med school next summer/fall 2021. I currently have 15k of federal subsidized loans from undergrad standing. I'll be graduating undergrad next month (December) and taking a semester of time off before medical school begins. I assume I'll use up my six month grace period for the federal subsidized loan during that gap semester, and if so, can these still loans go into deferment (0% interest) in med school since I will be enrolled full time?

Also, the current due date on these federal loans for me is sometime in 2022. However, after I enter med school, my understanding is that they would automatically be deferred and the due date would extended to way after 2022 until I finish med school and enter residency? Thanks!
Yes. Deferred.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads