Quantcast

Fee Waivers for TFA/Peace Corp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PITTjdm

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Does anyone know if there are schools that are known to waive secondary application fees for individuals that did a service commitment before applying? I am going to get to asking the admissions committees at my schools soon, I just wondered if there was a list of this somewhere or if it is common. I figure at worst this gets me in contact with the admissions office if I have any further questions.

On TFA's site you can see a list of schools http://www.teachforamerica.org/why-...its/graduate-school-and-employer-partnerships
but this is woefully incomplete as it was well known to us that were in Louisiana that LSU waived your application fee if you participated in a service program. However this is not listed on their site.

Can not seem to find it reported on any schools' sites which is a real shame because practically no Law/Graduate school charges you an application fee if you did a program like this.

If anyone has any experience with this at these schools, thanks:

UC Dever
Oregon
Washington
UC San Diego
UC San Francisco
Stanford
Johns Hopkins
University of Pittsburgh

Signifier

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I emailed all schools I applied to. Some randomly allowed me to waive my fee, others didn't. Tulane, Yale, etc did.

OHSU- nope.