Feedback on Kaplan Step1 homestudy program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 7 months to prepare for my Step1, and wanted to know what people thought about Kaplan homestudy program.

While I'm still a n00b, I was thinking about using FA and Kaplan books as my "primary" resource/revie books, and then do as many questions as possible. I really think my best method for Step1 prep is doing practice questions.

So, review books: FA and Kaplan
Questions: USMLERx, Kaplan Q-bank, USMLEWorld, NBME practice (at the end)

What do you think??

Members don't see this ad.

I had the home study program at first and personally I think it's too long for a "review". I think these books would be best used either through the year by going through each subject you have in class in the books, or as a first read before you move on to smaller review books such as the kaplan notes or brs phy or path

I have about 7 months to prepare for my Step1, and wanted to know what people thought about Kaplan homestudy program.

While I'm still a n00b, I was thinking about using FA and Kaplan books as my "primary" resource/revie books, and then do as many questions as possible. I really think my best method for Step1 prep is doing practice questions.

So, review books: FA and Kaplan
Questions: USMLERx, Kaplan Q-bank, USMLEWorld, NBME practice (at the end)

What do you think??

Hi Chef! If you're preparing for 7 months, it's more than enough for you to breeze through step1. There's a challenge in doing the review however, keeping your pace. :) Take it from me. :laugh: I am tossing and turning in my review since May 2007. I finished Kaplan Notes and videos once! although, i think I saw the Pathology slide review of Kaplan thrice. :laugh: And I'm currently doing questions now using Kaplan Qbook, USMLE world and USMLERx with FA.I'll take NBME. Plan to. ;) I'm taking step 1 in less than 6 weeks. Just keep your focus... have a life... it's kinda stressful... really... anyways, the key is to do lots and lots of questions as my friends from other forums who took it ahead of us always advised me and got a blast of superb scores! Goodluck and God bless you!