Feedback on PAT booster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cassy99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I really need your help on whether I should upgrade membership for PAT booster. I mean is it worth it and does it really help improve your score?? I already have DAT bootcamp, but I am confused whether I should upgrade it or not?? Also let me know how you guys study for PAT and what you did to improve your score??
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
I really need your help on whether I should upgrade membership for PAT booster. I mean is it worth it and does it really help improve your score?? I already have DAT bootcamp, but I am confused whether I should upgrade it or not?? Also let me know how you guys study for PAT and what you did to improve your score??
Thank you.

100% get PATBooster, it's much better than Bootcamp's PAT in every way based on my experience. It'll cut the time you spend on the PAT in half compared to using just Bootcamp's PAT and you'll more likely get a better score.

xoxo

Reactions: 1 users
I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. I was nervous and wanted to get the best score possible. Getting a good score was way more important than the money for me. I bought the upgraded account and honestly, I was super disappointed. The first thing I noticed was that PAT booster is THE EXACT SAME as bootcamp for Angle ranking, hole punching, pattern folding, and cube counting. What I found the difference to be is that keyhole and TFE are a lot harder than DAT bootcamps. Like unnecessarily stupid hard, and let me tell you. THERE ARE OBVIOUS MISTAKES in the practice tests *and* their generators have lots of mistakes as well. I was pretty fed up with PAT booster so I contacted them asking for a refund because IMO it was not even worth the $80 or something that I paid for it and the girl avoided my question and gave me a lot of explanations for the mistakes. Sadly I never got my refund.
I took PAT booster practice test #6 last week in prep for the DAT. I did the last four sections first then went to KH and TFE. I remember thinking that there was no possible way the actual DAT was going to ask questions so ridiculously specific. I never really struggled on bootcamps KH but I think I got 3/15 on that PAT booster section.
------Takeaway------
If anything, PAT booster just made me more paranoid about the tiny differences in KH and TFE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. I don't think Bootcamp's PAT prep gets enough credit here on SDN. I've heard a lot of people be dramatic and say stuff like "OMG bootcamp is so outdated blah blah blah." Let me ask you something. HOW MUCH CAN THE PAT CHANGE? seriously! I know the cube thing changed but what else? Don't let those people scare you. Bootcamp prepared me well. I personally felt like my DAT had a PAT difficulty of around 6 and bootcamp was about a 7. PAT booster was like a 9 or 10.... or 11..... If I were you, I'd keep my money, focus on bootcamp, do their generators *that actually work* and you'll be fine.
---SOURCE --- I took my DAT 2 days ago and got 25AA and 26 PAT

Also, if anyone from PAT/DAT booster reads this, There's a mistake on your Biology practice test #1. Peristalsis occurs in the urinary system, as well as the stomach.......and I still want a refund lol.
Good luck on your DAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I used both and PATBooster is hands down better than bootcamp's PAT. I thought PATBooster was slightly harder and the questions were more representative to what I saw on my DAT than DATBootcamp. I also didn’t find the Bootcamp PAT videos to be that helpful compare to Booster’s videos

Last edited:
Also, if anyone from PAT/DAT booster reads this, There's a mistake on your Biology practice test #1. Peristalsis occurs in the urinary system, as well as the stomach

The only peristalsis in the urinary system is from the kidney to the bladder (an extremely low yield fact), but the urinary system isn't even an option on that question so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. I was nervous and wanted to get the best score possible. Getting a good score was way more important than the money for me. I bought the upgraded account and honestly, I was super disappointed. The first thing I noticed was that PAT booster is THE EXACT SAME as bootcamp for Angle ranking, hole punching, pattern folding, and cube counting. What I found the difference to be is that keyhole and TFE are a lot harder than DAT bootcamps. Like unnecessarily stupid hard, and let me tell you. THERE ARE OBVIOUS MISTAKES in the practice tests *and* their generators have lots of mistakes as well. I was pretty fed up with PAT booster so I contacted them asking for a refund because IMO it was not even worth the $80 or something that I paid for it and the girl avoided my question and gave me a lot of explanations for the mistakes. Sadly I never got my refund.
I took PAT booster practice test #6 last week in prep for the DAT. I did the last four sections first then went to KH and TFE. I remember thinking that there was no possible way the actual DAT was going to ask questions so ridiculously specific. I never really struggled on bootcamps KH but I think I got 3/15 on that PAT booster section.

I have the exact opposite experience actually. I did not find Bootcamp's PAT to be well done. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I had nothing to compare it to until I got Booster. It was challenging but that's the exact same reason why I liked destroyer. It prepared me extremely well. However, I would not give it a 11/10 for difficulty, I would give it an 8/10 for difficulty if Bootcamp is a 7/10.

I have the exact opposite experience actually. I did not find Bootcamp's PAT to be well done. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I had nothing to compare it to until I got Booster. It was challenging but that's the exact same reason why I liked destroyer. It prepared me extremely well. However, I would not give it a 11/10 for difficulty, I would give it an 8/10 for difficulty if Bootcamp is a 7/10.
thank you.

I used both and PATBooster is hands down better than bootcamp's PAT. I thought PATBooster was slightly harder and the questions were more representative to what I saw on my DAT than DATBootcamp. I also didn’t find the Bootcamp PAT videos to be that helpful compare to Booster’s videos
Thank you.

------Takeaway------
If anything, PAT booster just made me more paranoid about the tiny differences in KH and TFE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. I don't think Bootcamp's PAT prep gets enough credit here on SDN. I've heard a lot of people be dramatic and say stuff like "OMG bootcamp is so outdated blah blah blah." Let me ask you something. HOW MUCH CAN THE PAT CHANGE? seriously! I know the cube thing changed but what else? Don't let those people scare you. Bootcamp prepared me well. I personally felt like my DAT had a PAT difficulty of around 6 and bootcamp was about a 7. PAT booster was like a 9 or 10.... or 11..... If I were you, I'd keep my money, focus on bootcamp, do their generators *that actually work* and you'll be fine.

Also, if anyone from PAT/DAT booster reads this, There's a mistake on your Biology practice test #1. Peristalsis occurs in the urinary system, as well as the stomach.......and I still want a refund lol.
Good luck on your DAT.
Thanks.

100% get PATBooster, it's much better than Bootcamp's PAT in every way based on my experience. It'll cut the time you spend on the PAT in half compared to using just Bootcamp's PAT and you'll more likely get a better score.

xoxo
Thank you.

The only peristalsis in the urinary system is from the kidney to the bladder (an extremely low yield fact), but the urinary system isn't even an option on that question so I'm not sure what the issue is.
DAT booster must have edited that question since I took the practice test.

I used PAT Booster for strictly PAT practice so I could save the Bootcamp PAT Tests for my full length attempts. I believe frequent and consistent practice is important.

------Takeaway------

I also noticed the KH in PATbooster were much harder than bootcamp's, but for me the angle ranking on booster were much easier than angle rankings on bootcamp. When you took your DAT, did you find the KH and angle ranking to be more like bootcamp or booster?

I also noticed the KH in PATbooster were much harder than bootcamp's, but for me the angle ranking on booster were much easier than angle rankings on bootcamp. When you took your DAT, did you find the KH and angle ranking to be more like bootcamp or booster?
I feel the exact same, Bootcamps angle ranking was harder than PAT booster. I think this is could be because the edges/lines are a bit cleaner on booster, maybe the questions were just easier. That being said, the actual DAT software felt pretty archaic to me and the lines were not as clean as boosters were. I felt the difficulty was more similar to bootcamp. Bootcamps angle ranking on tests 6-10 was more difficult than the actual exam, but not by much. I feel like I would've struggled more if I only relied on boosters angle ranking. as far as pattern folding, hole punch, and cube counting they were about even.

I feel the exact same, Bootcamps angle ranking was harder than PAT booster. I think this is could be because the edges/lines are a bit cleaner on booster, maybe the questions were just easier. That being said, the actual DAT software felt pretty archaic to me and the lines were not as clean as boosters were. I felt the difficulty was more similar to bootcamp. Bootcamps angle ranking on tests 6-10 was more difficult than the actual exam, but not by much. I feel like I would've struggled more if I only relied on boosters angle ranking. as far as pattern folding, hole punch, and cube counting they were about even.

Yeah I noticed that booster also generally has the angles lined up in the same orientation more than bootcamp does, and the lines would usually be the same length. Do you remember if the keyholes on your DAT were more similar to bootcamp or booster? Keyholes on booster are so difficult for me because they always come down to small differences in proportion.
Thanks!

I'd say much more comparable to bootcamp. Booster's were just too hard to be productive in my opinion.