Feel like failed NAPLEX-did anyone else feel like this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScaredGal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I took the 2008 NAPLEX yesterday and I keep thinking of problems that I missed. Did anyone else do this? Did you then pass? I am totally panicked. How long did it take to get your test results back?

Thanks for your help.

ScaredGal

Members don't see this ad.

After I took the test, I felt that I answered 50% of test questions correctly. 25% of the test I answered with some educated guesses. 25% of the test, I didn't know at all. I passed with a 123.

Just remember that this test is for minimal competency. If you made it through pharmacy school, you should have no problems.

After I took the test, I felt that I answered 50% of test questions correctly. 25% of the test I answered with some educated guesses. 25% of the test, I didn't know at all. I passed with a 123.

Just remember that this test is for minimal competency. If you made it through pharmacy school, you should have no problems.
This is what I've heard from other people too. My friend felt ok with the Naplex but the law she thought she failed and she passed both. Hopefully you'll get your scores soon, she received hers within 5 days. Good luck :)

Thanks for the insight...I have totally convinced myself that I failed, but am hoping for the best. I keep thinking of all the questions I missed!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the insight...I have totally convinced myself that I failed, but am hoping for the best. I keep thinking of all the questions I missed!!

Try to think about how many questions you zoomed right through because you were sure of the answer... I'm sure those outweigh the ones you know you missed.

To answer your original question, it took me a full week to get my results for the NAPLEX. Only 4 business days for the MPJE.

I was almost certain I failed, yet I passed with a 115. I actually thought the MPJE was easier, but I got an 87 on that.

meeh too!! it is 12:50 here in cali and i just came back from NAPLEX. omg! it was so random!! sterile compounding and pk dominated my exam! so sad.. i know everyone here says that's how they feel. but really.. it was so random! i have my CPJE this weekend. wish me luck!!

ps. ppl in cali, how long does it take to get your results back? i'm going to the east coast next week and hope to get it before i leave on monday!

i just took the naplex today. i feel like sh** the whole day thereafter. half or more of the exam i had to guess between 2 choices. i hate those kay questions. i got a variety of questions, from compounding, dosing, herbals, and the common disease states. they just threw whatever they want at me. honestly i dont think i passed it. some of the math questions i had to just guess

What kind of math is on NAPLEX? I'm taking mine on Thursday and I feel as though I have done enough practice problems. Do you have any words of wisdom? Thanks!

What kind of math is on NAPLEX? I'm taking mine on Thursday and I feel as though I have done enough practice problems. Do you have any words of wisdom? Thanks!

Just know how to do everything in the APhA book. If you have questions, I'll explain to you how to do ****. The worst I got was calculating mEq from a 10% solution of an electrolyte.

Pls can anyone tell me if we need to study the chapter on bioterrorism and toxicology.I know we have to know the antidotes to certain dtugas and all,but I ma not sure of the small pox and others.Thanks

hi
i just came back from the naplex right now... gosh i am freaken scared that i did not pass the test. i felt like it was a somewhat reasonable test but there were a lot of material that i didn't know. gosh... i hope i did ok gosh this is the worese feeling ever because all the questions keep coming into my brain and i told myself not to look up the answers but gosh i didn't realize how much i have missed on those questions.

i felt like there was a lot of calculation like ~20 on my exam but maybe cuz i didn't do so well so that is why i keep on getting it. most of the on rate calculation, equivalent, but no mEq or mOsm stuff.

i did not get any cancer drug or hiv drug at all

man, does anyone know how soon we will get our score for texas or did you receive your score by paper or email? i read some post said they check their score online but can you tell me where.

hopefully, i can concentrate and study again for my CPJE this monday but now i am feeling like crap.

any valuable advice for comfort and CPJE.

I think i failed too. I was so nervous that i completely blanked out on some of the questions and could not concentrate whatsoever on the questions. I had to read them over and over and just kept telling myself to calm down because my mind was racing so much. Hopefully i did enough to pass! But waiting until i receive my results will be torture.

Members don't see this ad :)
From my previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin K
I don't want to freak you out, but my test was awful. Awful to the point that I'm fairly certain I failed. I'll actually be surprised if I passed it. Everyone so far has said it "wasn't that bad", but I got over 25 calculations questions (including FIVE alligation questions), tons of HIV, tons of questions about refrigeration, very specific details about different vaccines, stupid asthma questions (e.g. peak flow meter zones???). It was bullcrap. I really think I got a sh*tty test. I'm not a stupid person, but I really felt like an idiot taking that test. I had almost no easy questions. ALmost no blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, COPD, or any of the major stuff. But, for some reason I had a ton of thyroid/parathyroid, interferon, and MOA stuff. Couldn't believe it.

I think mine was an exception though, not the typical questions. Most people I've talked to hardly had any HIV :( Study those calculations. The RxPrep ones weren't good enough to study. My questions were way harder and multi-step problems.

We'll see...

UPDATE: I don't know how, but I passed! I couldn't believe it. I even had the lady double check! Someday I'd really like to understand how they score the exam. I hope this helps some of you feel better. If I could pass this version feeling like I did when I left there, you'll all be fine!

Vitamin K, i just took the naplex this afternoon, i totally feel the way you did. I got tons of random questions, such as specific vaccine, sterile compounding, herbals, TPN, HIV, Chemo,peakflow meter goals, NO questions on the more common disease states such as HTN, CHF, or diabetes, and tons of calculations. I would say of the 185 calculation i got at least 70. I am pretty good at math, as for the calculations I am pretty sure I got almost all of them correct, guessed on about 2 of them. I really dont know what to think of this, I really got ****ed on this exam.

Got my score yesterday, and passed with a 129, i was shocked. I was thinking that if i did pass my score would be in the 70s no idea how they score this exam, but dont care either.

Just found out today that I passed the Naplex! Took it on monday 8/8 and the results popped up on the NABP website this afternoon 8/10. So relieved. I got a 94 scaled score, which is not great but its passing. So, Soooo Relieved.

I stared at the screen for like 20 minutes. I have re-check my score 4 times to make sure it hasn't changed. (a bit crazy, I know). But it hasn't.

I was convinced that I had failed it coming out of the test. I called my friends and told them I was certain I failed it. They were able to talk me down a bit. Then the waiting began. Terrible amount of worrying. i am glad they posted online. I would have gone nuts if I had to wait two weeks to get results in mail.

I really thought I failed it, it was a tough test.
But I passed, Thank God.

So for all of you worrying about it out there, study hard and practice your calculations, then do your best.

Just found out today that I passed the Naplex! Took it on monday 8/8 and the results popped up on the NABP website this afternoon 8/10. So relieved. I got a 94 scaled score, which is not great but its passing. So, Soooo Relieved.

I stared at the screen for like 20 minutes. I have re-check my score 4 times to make sure it hasn't changed. (a bit crazy, I know). But it hasn't.

I was convinced that I had failed it coming out of the test. I called my friends and told them I was certain I failed it. They were able to talk me down a bit. Then the waiting began. Terrible amount of worrying. i am glad they posted online. I would have gone nuts if I had to wait two weeks to get results in mail.

But I passed, Thank God.

So for all of you worrying about it out there, study hard and practice your calculations, then do your best.

That was fasst! and Congratulations!:thumbup: I just took mine today and feel the same way :(

But I passed, Thank God.

Dude, congrats on passing. I, too, felt ****ty after taking the test. I should get my results next week. Hopefully, it's a score of 75 or above. :xf:

Congrats and i thank God for you too

But I passed, Thank God.

Last edited:
oh wow!! congratulations!!! I'm so jealous... ugh I took it on Wed.. i hope to find out soon enough :eek:

I took my exam on 8/15th and thought I failed as well. I just got the results today 8/17th and luckily I passed :):)

My exam had very random topics including Oncology, CAP, STATISTICS, Alternative medicine, and SO MANY CALCULATIONS. Calculations took up so much time. I was running short on time. I had 35 questions left with only 25 min on the clock. But I hurried up and answered everything. I really really thought I failed the test. Since yesterday I was wondering when they were going to post the scores. And my lucky day was today. I am truly thankful to god because I couldn't have made it w/out. Goodluck to everyone else waiting to find out their scores. Hope for the best.

just took it today and have not been able to concentrate on anything else. i feel like a failure. got math questions toward the end alot too because i couldn't figure out how to do them, i think thats why they kept popping up. feeling inadequate sucks. did most of u feel like you got some math rt? i heard that you have to do well on the math portion in order to pass the exam.

Didn't have many math questions. Had at most, 20-25 math problems total. Oddly enough, I had no allegations but everything else. Had 10 or so questions at the end that were back to back, none too hard.

Those fill in the blank and "Check all that apply" are the devil...