Feel like waking the whole neighborhood up and celebrating!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemboy23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot BELIEVE I got in...I've never been this happy in my entire life! Thanks to my Lord and Savior for making my dreams come true!!!

Scott
LLUSD c/o 2015

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot BELIEVE I got in...I've never been this happy in my entire life! Thanks to my Lord and Savior for making my dreams come true!!!

Scott
LLUSD c/o 2015

Scott!! I'm so excited and happy for you!! Congratulations!!!:thumbup::luck::luck::thumbup::)

Congratulations!!! Praise the Lord! :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Scott
LLUSD c/o 2015

I think I remember you. Weren't you the guy who studied his butt off for the DAT but didn't do too hot? Man, that hard work paid off eventually, I can see why your happy :)

Congratulations :thumbup:

thanks so much yall....I cannot begin to express how excited I really am right now! It's a GREAT feeling to just be in! I hope you all are doing very well tonight!!!

Wow congrats Scott. I am so happy for you. You deserve that acceptance. I hope you succeed in dental school and become a fantastic dentist :) Your family must be really proud

I hope to be in your position next year :) Good job, man

Scott
LLUSD c/o 2015

come on man you gonna say you have never been happy your entire life... you gonna make your wife jealous.

see what i said in your other forums....

CONGRATULATIONS

Wow congrats Scott. I am so happy for you. You deserve that acceptance. I hope you succeed in dental school and become a fantastic dentist :) Your family must be really proud

I hope to be in your position next year :) Good job, man

Thanks so much man, hard work and prayer always pays off! NOTHING can beat it...my family is ecstatic right now haha!!!

come on man you gonna say you have never been happy your entire life... you gonna make your wife jealous.

see what i said in your other forums....

CONGRATULATIONS

Oh my wife knows what I mean lol!!! You've always encouraged me man, and I surely appreciate all of your kind advice. Now...I can help others as everyone here has helped me!!!

I am glad they corrected their error in judgement :thumbup: Congrats :clap::clap:

Congratulations Scott! I am so happy for you!!! :)

LOL, I know y'all...I wish we could all have one big celebration right now! Our dreams are on their way to becoming fulfilled people, I told you the other day...keep the faith.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratz!
Just dont get arrested for public disturbance~! haha

I'm sooo happy for you, man! I read your other thread and you really seem like a good guy. Good to see great people succeeding! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbup:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

You well deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SOOO happy :D

I'm sooo happy for you, man! I read your other thread and you really seem like a good guy. Good to see great people succeeding! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for your kind words man...I try my best to just be sincere and treat everyone with respect. I'm just myself and I am fired up and very excited that my dreams are beginning to fall into place. I give tons of credit for people (like yourself) on here encouraging me and telling me to never quit. SDN is truly a great family and I'm so proud to be part of it! Best wishes to you my friend!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

You well deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SOOO happy :D

Thanks so much RedDevilDDS, it has been a long hard road but nothing compared to what lies ahead. I can't wait for the opportunity!!!

Wow that's spectacular!!! I don't even know you but I'm so happy for you! On top of it you're giving the glory to God which is so important!!
He definitely carries us to where we need to be :)
You'll do great! Stay focused and God bless!
-Phil

Wow that's spectacular!!! I don't even know you but I'm so happy for you! On top of it you're giving the glory to God which is so important!!
He definitely carries us to where we need to be :)
You'll do great! Stay focused and God bless!
-Phil

Thanks so much, I'm super excited...and of course I give all the glory to God! I KNOW I could have never made it by myself. You too my friend, and best of luck to you as well. :thumbup:

Congrats Scott. I remember seeing how you were really helpful and polite to all the people on SDN. Glad to see your kindness has really paid off. You'll be an excellent dentist if you keep this up!

Good job Chemboy- I remember you taking the DAT I think the same day as me Aug 3 and I remember all the problems you had with your calculator and whatnot! Good job man feels good eh?! I can't believe we're in!! That being said, the fear of"not getting accepted" has no been replaced with "how will I ever pay this back" haha! Good luck and good job!!

Congrats! I remember you were having trouble with your DAT, I'm glad it all worked out!!!

Thanks guys...it truly is an awesome feeling and as dwallin said, lol, how in the heck will I ever pay all of this back? I will not be able to sleep at night owing all this money hahaha!!! Oh well, at least I'll be happy doing what I love and no amount of money can ever replace being happy!

Thanks guys...it truly is an awesome feeling and as dwallin said, lol, how in the heck will I ever pay all of this back? I will not be able to sleep at night owing all this money hahaha!!! Oh well, at least I'll be happy doing what I love and no amount of money can ever replace being happy!

Hang on to that attitude, you'll need it when you graduate and repayment time comes. Seriously, that attitude will help things. :)

Big fan of your posts! Glad to hear you made it. You have a truly inspiring story.

I, myself, am praying really, really hard for an acceptance (at one of two schools)...It's been a scary and disappointing week after the 1st of Dec., but I'm holding on to faith stronger than ever before. So this hits close to home...

Hang on to that attitude, you'll need it when you graduate and repayment time comes. Seriously, that attitude will help things. :)

Yes indeed, it will be a challenge for sure...but I'll be doing what I love and loving what I do. I'm used to living on nothing now, so I plan to try to pay down my loans as fast as possible when I get out. I was going to make a post on going straight into private practice vs. doing an associateship for 3-4 years and throwing most of the earnings into my student loans. Not too sure what the best route is...any words of advice? I will owe almost 275k when I graduate...yikes!!!

Big fan of your posts! Glad to hear you made it. You have a truly inspiring story.

I, myself, am praying really, really hard for an acceptance (at one of two schools)...It's been a scary and disappointing week after the 1st of Dec., but I'm holding on to faith stronger than ever before. So this hits close to home...

Thanks so much for the kind words...you'll make it, just hang in there and keep the faith. If I can ever be of any help please PM me or whatever you may need. I'm always willing to try to help others. All the best, and just remember...you've made it this far, put your faith in the Lord and let Him guide you. You will always win if your heart is in it for the right reasons. :)

damn it, now you got me thinking about that 300k lol. lmao, we pre-dents are so dramatic. First we worry about our GPA, then we worry about our DAT scores, THEN we worry about not getting blanked on Nov 30th followed by frantically checking our email+AADSES on Dec 1st. Then in dental school..... we'll we are not there yet, but Im sure we'll find new thinks to freak out about.

Yes indeed, it will be a challenge for sure...but I'll be doing what I love and loving what I do. I'm used to living on nothing now, so I plan to try to pay down my loans as fast as possible when I get out. I was going to make a post on going straight into private practice vs. doing an associateship for 3-4 years and throwing most of the earnings into my student loans. Not too sure what the best route is...any words of advice? I will owe almost 275k when I graduate...yikes!!!

I have been doing in research myself about this topic. The difficulties I am having is, that today's dentists (I call them the "new generation dentists") especially the ones who have graduated within the past 5 years have been getting out with astronomical debt values, numbers never seen before.... I am VERY interested to find out the data for how those guys have been doing, most of them will be in their 30s by now.

Did they graduate and do the associateship for a while? And dumped whatever left over from their incomes into paying off the debt (this boosts credit score dramatically)? Or did most of them graduate, do the associateship for a short period of time until venturing into a private practice? Or maybe some of them kept the associateship until becoming full partners (this seems to happen often if you've stayed at a place for 5+ years)? I haven't been able to find the answers, maybe in your blog, you can shed some light on this.....