1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Feeling a trifle peeved

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Toejam, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

I'm a little po'd right now. I'm getting supplementals on line (2) and one of them has multiple essays, but I can just type my responses in the boxes without any special software. Western's supplemental, on the other hand, requires that I have Adobe Acrobat installed. I thought I did, but apparently all I have is the free version which doesn't allow you to manipulate the document. This is what I've been told on this forum. However, Western has also said that applicants would be unable to type onto the document until something is fixed. So, I don't know. Either I can't do it because I lack the expensive software ($250) or because they put up the supplemental app before it was ready.

I'm going to be a little more po'd if it turns out that I need to get Adobe just to complete Western's.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hmmm, the secondary that Western emailed to me are a bunch of Word files. They can be typed on directly, but the underlines move too - not smart.

I printed it out and typed what I had to type, and for the essays, I wrote it on a word proc then printed in directly onto the secondary pages after correcting for margins and preprinted instructions.

Not great, but better than banging on the keys for the essays too.

- Tae

4. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine

Attending Physician
    If ya want I'll forward the files Western sent me. I'm curious as to whether Western also made a PDF version as well ...

- Tae

5. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

I'd appreiciate it if you would send me what you have. You can personal e-mail me.

On Western's website when you click on the supplemental icon, it comes up as an Adobe file.

By the way, I went to pod school with someone named Tae Kim. Is that you?

6. SoCal

SoCal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I had the same problem. Relax. Get the app. from someone (I can email it if you want) It is a word doc., so all you have to do, is type what you want. Just, delete the underlining before you type (youll see what we mean when you get it) good luck, and let me know if I can help.)

7. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine

Attending Physician
    Naw - just one of the several million other Tae Kim's running around. Bastards.

- Tae