feeling burned out... too soon!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apricotattack

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not expecting any great revelations, just seeing if anyone else feels like I do...

Between MCAT and physics class, I'm wiped. And my final's not til Friday, MCAT not til the 25th. It's getting harder and harder to make myself go to the library and study and my practice test score today was a huge drop. The worst part: it's crunch time. I can't afford to take some time off, at least not more than a day or so.

Bleh. I guess I'll end on a positive note and say we're almost through! Good luck everyone, here's a banana to cheer you (and me) up! :banana:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not expecting any great revelations, just seeing if anyone else feels like I do...

Between MCAT and physics class, I'm wiped. And my final's not til Friday, MCAT not til the 25th. It's getting harder and harder to make myself go to the library and study and my practice test score today was a huge drop. The worst part: it's crunch time. I can't afford to take some time off, at least not more than a day or so.

Bleh. I guess I'll end on a positive note and say we're almost through! Good luck everyone, here's a banana to cheer you (and me) up! :banana:

I had that problem while I was studying too (for the April test) When I took the MCAT a couple years ago I just trugged through those feeling and didn't do as weell as I would have liked. what worked for me was find a day that you can take off of studying from the MCAT and physics and do something you really enjoy or that relieves stress...for me it was getting to the gym and eating at my favorite place and I let myself feel ok for having a mental health day. If you are going to stress about taking time off on your day off don't take one but review some stuff you know well or like to boost confidence.

I ended up taking a mental health evening about 2 weeks before the MCAT. I went to a 21st birthday dinner party at a Japanese resturant, hung out with my friends, drank wine, ate ice cream, and it reset me. You may need a reset.

Or go look at all of the wonderful schools you're going to apply to when you get your awesome score! I did that too, and it helped refocus me, too.

And don't worry about the drops; I did that too. Are you taking Kaplan? I dropped between practice test 3 and 4, and it about broke me. Hence, the mental health day.