1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

feeling burned out... too soon!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by apricotattack, May 5, 2007.

1. apricotattack

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm not expecting any great revelations, just seeing if anyone else feels like I do...

Between MCAT and physics class, I'm wiped. And my final's not til Friday, MCAT not til the 25th. It's getting harder and harder to make myself go to the library and study and my practice test score today was a huge drop. The worst part: it's crunch time. I can't afford to take some time off, at least not more than a day or so.

Bleh. I guess I'll end on a positive note and say we're almost through! Good luck everyone, here's a banana to cheer you (and me) up! :banana:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. swim2006

swim2006 Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I had that problem while I was studying too (for the April test) When I took the MCAT a couple years ago I just trugged through those feeling and didn't do as weell as I would have liked. what worked for me was find a day that you can take off of studying from the MCAT and physics and do something you really enjoy or that relieves stress...for me it was getting to the gym and eating at my favorite place and I let myself feel ok for having a mental health day. If you are going to stress about taking time off on your day off don't take one but review some stuff you know well or like to boost confidence.

4. little pebble

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I ended up taking a mental health evening about 2 weeks before the MCAT. I went to a 21st birthday dinner party at a Japanese resturant, hung out with my friends, drank wine, ate ice cream, and it reset me. You may need a reset.

Or go look at all of the wonderful schools you're going to apply to when you get your awesome score! I did that too, and it helped refocus me, too.

And don't worry about the drops; I did that too. Are you taking Kaplan? I dropped between practice test 3 and 4, and it about broke me. Hence, the mental health day.

5. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! if u dont know wat im talking about u need to stop studying right now, go2 google, and type that in. well worth the 30 seconds, and trust me, itll rejuvinate u. or ull pee urself laffing. i did both.