Feeling down... how to deal with healthcare professionals on this site who are unprofessional Idiots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple896

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go to hell.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would suggest you seek professional help. This forum unfortunately cannot do much about your situation (I am sorry though).

P.S. - I'm curious though did you realize someone made a thread w/ the exact title as this one?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-deal-with-unexpected-change-of-plans.1213690

All I mean to ask is if you two are the same person, you should cross post. If you aren't, then this was just one of those curious SDN things.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like a failure, and am really struggling to find my way out.

I graduated from undergrad with a low GPA, took a struggling gap year off, then got in to Optometry School in PR, before finding out after 1 year that this is a VERY BAD school, and I felt like I was in high school all over again.

Ever since then, after another year off I feel severely damaged and stuck Forever, that I cry several days to more often. Is this normal at 26? I don't know who or what can help me anymore. I don't care about how I look anymore nor can I find any motivation because of my past experiences.

I cannot forget my past at all.

My advice is to take a break from academia and get a job. Get your life together and once you're financially stable and feeling good, explore options to rebuilt your GPA and (re)take prereqs as necessary if med school is still what you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would suggest you seek professional help. This forum unfortunately cannot do much about your situation (I am sorry though).

P.S. - I'm curious though did you realize someone made a thread w/ the exact title as this one?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-deal-with-unexpected-change-of-plans.1213690

All I mean to ask is if you two are the same person, you should cross post. If you aren't, then this was just one of those curious SDN things.

No, I am not the same person.. It just is a similar title.

My advice is to take a break from academia and get a job. Get your life together and once you're financially stable and feeling good, explore options to rebuilt your GPA and (re)take prereqs as necessary if med school is still what you want.
This. And the suggestion for getting counseling/evaluated for depression is a good one too.

Ok. What good will that be?
I don't know about you, but I would find it pretty hard to do something like take prereqs, prep for the MCAT, gain clinical experience, go through an entire med school curriculum, go through residency training, and go through the medical licensing process while feeling so "severely damaged that I cry several days to more often," and unable to "forget my past at all." Particularly since you also can't "find any motivation."

Reactions: 1 user