Feeling hopeless after seeing everyone else's GPA. Can I still get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackmamba1999

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to PT school this cycle, and I feel as if my stats are very weak as compared to some of the others that I've seen for this cycle.

University: University of North Texas
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 152 verbal 155 quant 4.0 writing
Extra-Curric: Research assistant in a sports psych lab, authored a publication on plos one, worked in home health settings as a caretaker of special needs children, intramural sports, trained listener on 7cups (100 hours), small group leader (IVCF), assisted with painting houses and delivering food in underprivileged areas in San Antonio, event coordinator at my church.
Volunteer: 950 hours as a Rehab Aide-inpatient rehabilitation hospital. 100 hours at a sports based outpatient physical therapy setting.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! It's not all about GPA! I had a 3.499 and a lower GRE than you did, and I was accepted to several schools. You need to meet the minimum requirements and apply early to stand out and get an interview. What I lacked in GPA, I made up for in personality with my interview. Don't give up hope! If you don't get accepted this time around, try and get more shadowing in different places. The in-patient is nice, and so is the sports, but see if you can have at least 4 different locations, even if it's only a day or two of shadowing! Good luck!

I feel the same way man
My cumulative gpa is 3.45 but my prereq gpa is 3.2-3.4.

Super nervous and don't really know what to expect going forward. I applied to 7 schools and tried to stay realistic in schools I applied to.

Members don't see this ad :)
my cum gpa was a 3.3 and I got into a top 10 school, GPA isn't the be all end all.

Hi Guys! I'm worrying hardcore over here because PTCAS calculated my cum GPA a lot lower than i thought it would be, if ppl could look at my stats and give me any advice or know of a school that looks at last 60 hours heavily because thats when i really excelled (went from a 3.0 to a 3.8 average)

Major: Biology focus in Chemistry
cGPA 3.41
preGPA 3.64
GRE v-154 q-156 w-4.0

extra: relay for life 2 years, biological honors club, healing hearts club, work experience 2 places, volunteer position - hospital and rehab hospital, therapy aide job starting this october

volunteer hours - 107 outpatient, 58 rehab hospital, 21 neuro and orthodox, 30 sports, 50 planed in geriatrics and neuro

applied to: Cleveland state, Dayton, Cincci, toledo, walsh, northwestern, rosalind franklin, emory and henry, and mount union to be safe

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

please let me know what you think!