Feeling Insecure about my School List!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amazingyi

Reaction score
I would appreciate feedback on the schools I chose! I feel like it is too top heavy. Is it too late to add a few mid tiers? I was complete around August 25th for all. IIs so far from Tulane Wayne State and Baylor. MI resident.

Stats:
MCAT: 130/127/129/132 (518)
cGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.78
Two foreign language majors
~10,000 hours piano experience
Average clinical exposure, shadowing and volunteering
Studied Abroad in São Paulo
Proficient in four languages
Vice President of Indian Classical Music Organization
Tulane Undergrad

School List:
Baylor
Case Western
FAU
CMS
Columbia
Hofstra
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Harvard
Johns Hopkins
Keck
Northwestern
Stanford
Brown
Tufts
Tulane
UC Irvine
UCLA
Pritzker
Miami
Michigan
UNC
Virginia
Morsani
Vanderbilt
Washington
Wayne State
Yale
UC San Diego

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any research experience? You have a lot of top tier schools where research is pretty much expected.

Do you have any research experience? You have a lot of top tier schools where research is pretty much expected.

I shadowed a group of stem cell researchers over a summer, wrote a lot about it on my primary but that is it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I shadowed a group of stem cell researchers over a summer, wrote a lot about it on my primary but that is it.
Well, basically no research is REALLY going to hurt you at several schools on your list...like Stanford and Hopkins. You have several schools on your list that take very few OOS...Washington (takes almost none outside of WWAMI) NC, UCSD, UCI tend to take few OOS.

Did you use the MSAR to compose your list? Honestly with your stats and ECs I only see maybe a half dozen schools on your list where you stand a chance. You have 3 IIs, you might get a couple more, and that might be enough for you to garner an acceptance.

Well, basically no research is REALLY going to hurt you at several schools on your list...like Stanford and Hopkins. You have several schools on your list that take very few OOS...Washington (takes almost none outside of WWAMI) NC, UCSD, UCI tend to take few OOS.

Did you use the MSAR to compose your list? Honestly with your stats and ECs I only see maybe a half dozen schools on your list where you stand a chance. You have 3 IIs, you might get a couple more, and that might be enough for you to garner an acceptance.

Thanks for your feedback. I was not expecting an acceptance from Stanford or Hopkins, but I want at least two acceptances and I thought that was reasonable given my unique major, but we'll see.