Feeling Jealous of Friends' Achievements

CassieH

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone.
I just wanted to say that a lot of my friends have gone on to prestigious careers in medical related fields or scientific related fields.
The majority of my friends are in medicine, pharmacy, law, engineering, and etc.

I tried out for nursing and I just was very bad at it, and I was required to leave. I was also miserable at it. So, I studied at two year vocational school for something that I did like... but at the same time, I can't help but feel like the black sheep.
In all my years of living, I think this is the first time I feel insanely jealous of my friends going into prestigious fields. I know they try really hard and work their butts off to get where they are at.

Does anyone ever experience something like this?
I hate to admit that I'm jealous, but I am.

I'd also liked to add: there was a person who I was interested in, when I found out he got into med, I continiously worried and avoided him. I worried that he saw me as less of a person because I didn't have the same capacity as him.

Got any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Rationally think of why a title would make him better than you...
And accept that everyone has his/her limits.

Honestly, if you're happy, what would being jealous do?
And if you're not happy, you'll eventually find a way to make yourself happy, so why worry about it now?

I personally did NOT work hard for my accomplishments (even though I like to make an impression that I do to motivate people) because I enjoy figuring out how to "play the game" (how to study what's important, make people feel like they're not wasting my time, ect) as well as imagining being surrounded by good-hearted people.

SO many people go into awesome careers (and enjoy life) because they DON'T GIVE UP.
If you get over your fear of what's to come and know how move on from setbacks, you can get to where you want to be IF YOU THINK IT'S WORTH IT.

For example, I don't hate cleaning people's genitals, but I thought another career would be more worth my time and energy (people see a lot of potential in me, so maybe I'm not just being cocky).

Last edited:
Hi, everyone.
I just wanted to say that a lot of my friends have gone on to prestigious careers in medical related fields or scientific related fields.
The majority of my friends are in medicine, pharmacy, law, engineering, and etc.

I tried out for nursing and I just was very bad at it, and I was required to leave. I was also miserable at it. So, I studied at two year vocational school for something that I did like... but at the same time, I can't help but feel like the black sheep.
In all my years of living, I think this is the first time I feel insanely jealous of my friends going into prestigious fields. I know they try really hard and work their butts off to get where they are at.

Does anyone ever experience something like this?
I hate to admit that I'm jealous, but I am.

I'd also liked to add: there was a person who I was interested in, when I found out he got into med, I continiously worried and avoided him. I worried that he saw me as less of a person because I didn't have the same capacity as him.

Got any tips?
Are you a girl? Get PA education.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would prefer to work with a female assistant.

Do you realize how silly this sounds? If it was a dude, would you tell him not to go to PA school? :laugh:

I said what does being male or female have to do with becoming a PA, and the answer is nothing. Men and women can both make fine PAs. Your personal gender preference doesn't mean anything in terms of suitability unless you will be employing all the PAs in the world ;)

Last edited:
Do you realize how silly this sounds? If it was a dude, would you tell him not to go to PA school? :laugh:

I said what does being male or female have to do with becoming a PA, and the answer is nothing. Men and women can both make fine PAs. Your personal gender preference doesn't mean anything in terms of suitability unless you will be employing all the PAs in the world ;)
True, but we cant stop fighting for a better world. I can't.

Reactions: 1 user