Feeling lucky?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hemichordate

Peds
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone feel really lucky when they do practice tests? Well, at least I do. It's like whenever I'm guessing on a question I somehow get it right, or if I use a completely wrong tactic or approach but still arrive at the right answer.

Anyone else feel lucky doing practice tests, but feel like they are going to get screwed on the real one?

Members don't see this ad.

i do that sometimes when i'm unsure about the answer or when time is running out, i tell my self i'll guess and review the answer later since its a practice test it cant hurt lol but i know i probably will be second guessing myself if this happens during the real one

Its not a total coincidence... When you take these tests you learn patterns on how they're trying to trip you up. You eliminate wrong answer choices so you have a 50/50 shot, and one will usually sound slightly better, sometimes its right...

It is of course a little luck... but you still put test-taking strategies at work on those questions. Just take the real thing the same way you take this one, and you'll get just as many "lucky" ones rite!

If you can do this consistently, then its not luck. Sometimes there are more than 1 way to arrive at the correct answer.