Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Feeling so dejected this morning...):

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by EstherGreenwood, 05.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. EstherGreenwood

EstherGreenwood

Pre-Medical
    I'm a long time lurker and am posting for the first time this AM hoping to realize that someone has been here too...

I'm done with English, Math (Statistics only!), Biology, General Chemistry, and Physics (after my final today!) but continue to feel defeated by Organic Chemistry for years now...

Took Orgo I two years ago and managed a B+. Then, failed Orgo II - I was severely depressed and thus failed, and/or was failing and thus became depressed. Completely freaked out about the F and registered for Orgo II again immediately without treating my depression - couldn't go to class and had to Withdraw ): This was last year.

This semester I am in the class again but am not doing well either. C- on first exam, B- on second exam. Couldn't go to class for third exam and missed the final as well yesterday. Haven't spoken to my professor about it either because I'm too afraid of the consequence...I feel so phony having an excuse the third time around, like who'd believe me. I'm living at home and my little sister came out with her cutting habit this semester and I keep feeling responsible as the ER and CPS visits pile up; my father lost two family members and became so sick (he is 60 and has hypertension/diabetes). The anxiety is killing me but I'm so so so ashamed I can't even tell my therapist.

Can anyone just share something to make me a little happy perhaps?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. doctorgirldaisy

doctorgirldaisy

Pre-Medical
    trust me, talk to your teacher. I went through a similar situation and the professor was a lot more understanding than I could have ever hoped for. They want to see you succeed. As for your depression, I'm rooting for you. YOU are good enough.

4. kyamh

kyamh 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I don't mean to sound cold, but this is not the right place for your to turn to. You need to find a way to reach out to your therapist. Would you consider writing a letter or an email if you can't bring yourself to say your worries out loud? Even a simple note that says "I am falling apart, I don't know how to start talking" that you pass over at the beginning of your session can help your therapist get a conversation started.

About the ads