Feeling Stressed and Overwhelmed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nerdeka

Female
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a senior and I need to pass 3 of my 4 classes to graduate on time. Because of how expensive my school is, this is a huge issue even though I will be doing a post bac elsewhere.

I'm currently enrolled in 5 classes (one research credit) and I'm so scared I'll do more damage to my sGPA. I'm only 4 weeks in (quarter system), but because of how fast it goes, I'm very behind.

I got sick twice this quarter and I usually never get sick and I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to catch up? Being so overwhelmed is not very motivating.

Members don't see this ad.

Take how stressed and overwhelmed you are and think how much easier it will be once you get to Medical school

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that.

First off, take a step back and a deep breath. You will be fine. You can do it.

Now what I would do if I were trying to catch up would be:
  1. Prioritize which classes to study for first (probably based on which midterm/final comes 1st).
  2. Gather all the materials that you need to catch up for one class.
  3. Get the main ideas from each lecture. Work down to the details from there. Depends on how much time you have, you can adjust the level of details you wanna cover.
  4. If you need to watch a recorded lecture, speed it up. I usually go with 1.5x speed, but obviously, everyone is different.
  5. Ask your friends/professors for help on topics you don't understand.
  6. Study for the "high yield" stuff that you know will probably be on the test.
  7. Take a 20min break once in a while.
  8. Get a good night sleep the night before a test.
  9. Repeat for the other classes.
  10. Drink lots of water.
YOU CAN DO IT!

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to hear that.

First off, take a step back and a deep breath. You will be fine. You can do it.

Now what I would do if I were trying to catch up would be:
  1. Prioritize which classes to study for first (probably based on which midterm/final comes 1st).
  2. Gather all the materials that you need to catch up for one class.
  3. Get the main ideas from each lecture. Work down to the details from there. Depends on how much time you have, you can adjust the level of details you wanna cover.
  4. If you need to watch a recorded lecture, speed it up. I usually go with 1.5x speed, but obviously, everyone is different.
  5. Ask your friends/professors for help on topics you don't understand.
  6. Study for the "high yield" stuff that you know will probably be on the test.
  7. Take a 20min break once in a while.
  8. Get a good night sleep the night before a test.
  9. Repeat for the other classes.
  10. Drink lots of water.
YOU CAN DO IT!
Thank you so much! I think my biggest problem is quitting before I even start. :/

Oh the joys of the quarter system,

Breathe. Get organized - assign weighted study/hw time to the classes that you know will be tougher. Work with friends to cover and learn the material. Go to office hrs. Eat and get enough sleep. Also don't stress if research doesn't go as nicely as you'd like - it's the nature of the beast. Good luck!

Oh the joys of the quarter system,

Breathe. Get organized - assign weighted study/hw time to the classes that you know will be tougher. Work with friends to cover and learn the material. Go to office hrs. Eat and get enough sleep. Also don't stress if research doesn't go as nicely as you'd like - it's the nature of the beast. Good luck!

Lol. You basically just covered what I said. Great minds think alike?

I just don't think I can do it. I'm so disappointed in myself. :(