Feelings 3-4 weeks before MCAT date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apr27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, my exam is in 4 weeks.

I was just wondering how you felt the 2-4 weeks before your set MCAT date?

I try to keep my confidence up. I'm essentially scoring in the 26-28 range. Getting 8-9s on each section. I have only taken 3 AAMC practice tests thus far. Is this a good place to be a few weeks before your MCAT? Obviously, I would like to score 30+. I feel like I have a decent grasp of the content. I can always brush up on my verbal technique. I've generally been putting in 2-4hrs/day. Sometimes more or less depending on my schedule. I've been using Examkrackers.

I'm doing this while I'm in school and finals are essentially over this week and I plan to engage in some heavy duty study the weeks after finals and before my MCAT.

Thanks for your time,

apr27

Members don't see this ad.

I only started studying again for the exam 5 weeks before my test day, so after the first week i went into hardcore study mode, by the 2nd week i was really into the zone. by the week of i slowed down and took it down a notch in terms of studying. i tihnk it worked out well.

i really don't think you need to take all the AAMCs--sure they are good practice for pacing, but once you get the pacing i would just focus on practice questions and getting more difficult passage practice and learning from your mistakes. don't focus only on content (i spent less than 2 days on content, both days before the exam)--you actually learn a lot by doing questions and going over the answers--both correct ones and wrong ones

Hmmm let's see.. 2ish weeks ago i felt demoralized, depressed, stressed out more than ever, frustrated, losing hope, really wondered how i pulled off straight As in the prereqs but can't score over 30s in the aamcs..
Lol..
Although now (my exam date is apr28) i feel much less anxious, not stressed, and hopeful. I've come to terms with the fact that this test is exactly what it is- just a test, and I know I have it in me to do well. So I'm going to do 110% and hope and pray for the best. =)

I think you'll be ok, make sure to really analyze your practice tests, and just work your butt off! Since your finals will be over real soon, you should dedicate all your time to the mcat and you should be fine.

Hmmm let's see.. 2ish weeks ago i felt demoralized, depressed, stressed out more than ever, frustrated, losing hope, really wondered how i pulled off straight As in the prereqs but can't score over 30s in the aamcs..
Lol..
Although now (my exam date is apr28) i feel much less anxious, not stressed, and hopeful. I've come to terms with the fact that this test is exactly what it is- just a test, and I know I have it in me to do well. So I'm going to do 110% and hope and pray for the best. =)

I think you'll be ok, make sure to really analyze your practice tests, and just work your butt off! Since your finals will be over real soon, you should dedicate all your time to the mcat and you should be fine.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: x 1000

I'm taking the test on the 28th. I started off low, worked my way up to a 33, then got a 27 on AAMC 11. It was pretty demoralizing, but like misses said, it's just a test. I don't know about other test takers, but these last 2 weeks (for me, at least) have been pretty stress free. I don't know all of the material forwards and backwards, but the truth is, no one ever will (hence why the MCAT has been out for decades and no one has scored a perfect score). Do the best you can. and relax!

Lol..

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: x 1000

I'm taking the test on the 28th. I started off low, worked my way up to a 33, then got a 27 on AAMC 11. It was pretty demoralizing, but like misses said, it's just a test. I don't know about other test takers, but these last 2 weeks (for me, at least) have been pretty stress free. I don't know all of the material forwards and backwards, but the truth is, no one ever will (hence why the MCAT has been out for decades and no one has scored a perfect score). Do the best you can. and relax!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Exactly how I feel as well. A month or two ago, I was really stressed and worried about this test. After content review and quite a bit of AAMC, I feel better. When last saturday came and I realized there's two weeks left, my stress for some reason disappeared. I've been treating myself to watching basketball games at night. The stress definitely disappeared. This is just a test, I agree. We will all try our best, and no matter what happens, it really is just a test. I thought to myself that compared to anything else, this is just a miniscule part of my life. There are more important things out there. Although this test is important, it's not the be-all end-all thing. Just relax and stay positive. LET'S GO 4/28ers!